so my guitarist is needing to buy a new amp for recording next month money is a big issue so we're looking for somthing affordable so i suggested the 5150 off ebay great amp so i've heard and the other guys in the band were talkin about gettin a marshall i got into a small argument with the vocalist that doesnt know anything about amps and he was talkin able marshalls w.e no doubt he thinks they're great cuse everyone uses them... but what do you guys think? we're playing metalcore so if we're forced to buy a marshall to make everyone happy what marshall should it be? and or just go for the 5150 like i said?
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
5150 Ftw
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
5150 owns any Marshall imo. I was with the rest of your band wanting a Marshall, I was gonna buy a DSL100, but then I tried the 6505 (5150) and the distortion and sound of a Marshall can't stand up to it imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
5150's good for metal and heavy shit
but so are the jcm series!
i suggest that you have a game of gay chicken over it!
I don't like as i lay dying
5150= the metalcore , hardcore other heavy genre amp

Jcm while it may be a great amp series cannot dime in the heaviness and low end that the 6505 does for those styles
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
5150 is Teh metalcore amp. I'd only favor Marshall if you need great cleans.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
thanks guys .. any strong evidence to sapport my claims?
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Even Trivium who now use Marshalls used to use 5150's...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
more metalcore bands use 5150's/ 6505 than they do jcm's? The sheer heaviness of the amp(it gets super saturated).

DSL Marshall are voiced for midrange response while the 6505's have low end response.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Several people who are very unbiased towards the outcome of your personal situation suggest the 5150, that should be strong enough evidence.
6505 definitly for metalcore- it just has so much more of a brutal, heavy distortion on it.

johnnyguitarman's band use 5105's

www.myspace.com/psylence

see if thats what you're after- he's on youtube too
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by MatrixClaw
5150 owns any Marshall imo. I was with the rest of your band wanting a Marshall, I was gonna buy a DSL100, but then I tried the 6505 (5150) and the distortion and sound of a Marshall can't stand up to it imo.

Ur a ****in tool.