I'm looking for a phaser as of late and I want something that'll be very reminiscent of Adam McGrath's sound from the later Cave In albums "Jupiter", "Tides of Tomorrow", and"Antenna".

I think he may use the Moog brand, but that pedal is 250-300 dollars brand new, I believe. I'd like to find something that can compare and do the job as well as a Moog, if it all possible. Thanks for any help.
If you like the Moog one, try to get one used.

Good guitar gear is built to last. I mean, people are still playing '59 LPs. Hell, I don't think I have a pedal that's under 3 years old and they all work perfectly.
i haven't heard what you are aiming for
but the EHX small stone phase as well as the mxr phase 90 are really good

you should look into them
theyre not that expensive either (around $70-80 US)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
both the Small Stone and Phase 90 are pretty much regarded as the go to phasers, which one suits you best is largely a mater of preference, but generally the Phase 90 is more suited to riffing and 80s rock type stuff and the Small Stone is better for 60s and 70s music and more psychedelic stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
both the Small Stone and Phase 90 are pretty much regarded as the go to phasers, which one suits you best is largely a mater of preference, but generally the Phase 90 is more suited to riffing and 80s rock type stuff and the Small Stone is better for 60s and 70s music and more psychedelic stuff.

+1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

my personal choice would be to pick up two phasers. people mentioned that the small stone and phase 90 are good for different sounds. why not pick up both? get them from ebay or pawn shops and you can probably get both under $100 or $120. if you cant afford the Moog (and most of us cant) i would say pick up 2 phasers so you can still get that versitililty and find your perfect sound.

you also cant forget the boss phasers. i think the ph-3 kinda sucks, but it does have a lot of options. sounds a bit lifeless to me, but it could be good for you. i do have the ph-2, which is an older model which is better IMO. once again, you can get good deals on the ph-2 on ebay. so try out a few phasers, and pick the one or 2 that you like best.