Okay, I don't know why I can't get this right STILL! But here it is, simple: What note comes after the last fret on the fretboard; is the open string a half or whole step away from the last fret on your guitar? I cannot seem to get my scales right because of this. Major setback in my learning.
it depends on how many frets you have

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Open on E string to 22 fret: E, F, F#,G, G#, A,A#,B,C,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#,A,A#,B,C,C#,D.
On a 24 fret: just add D# and another E.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
if you can name the notes from the open to the 12th fret, you can do it from the 12th fret to the 22nd or 24th whatever you have.
Okay, I don't know why I can't get this right STILL! But here it is, simple: What note comes after the last fret on the fretboard; is the open string a half or whole step away from the last fret on your guitar? I cannot seem to get my scales right because of this. Major setback in my learning.

The pattern of notes from the open string to the 12th fret is exactly the same as the pattern of notes to the 24th fret - or in your case, to be precise, the pattern of notes from the open string to the 10th fret is exactly the same as the pattern of notes from the 12th fret to the 22nd.

12 frets is an octave, and one fret is a half-step. If you have 22 frets then each string is 2 frets short of an octave, therefore 2 half steps or one full step short.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com