In the Court of the Crimson King
Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Starless and Bible Black

They are all pretty good, but start with In The Court Of The Crimson King first.
In The Court of the Crimson King FTW!

progressive masterpiece
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I would say Lark's Tongues in Aspic. But most of their albums are good in different ways.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Doodleface
In The Court of the Crimson King FTW!

progressive masterpiece

That's really the best starting place.

I didn't know UG considered King Crimson to be classic rock. I would have thought that they'd go in the prog forum.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I didn't know UG considered King Crimson to be classic rock. I would have thought that they'd go in the prog forum.

The CR/prog forums have some overlapping threads from classic prog bands. Most of those threads don't get very large, so I don't think anyone really cares.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
The CR/prog forums have some overlapping threads from classic prog bands. Most of those threads don't get very large, so I don't think anyone really cares.

That's true. Classic rock forum tends not to be too uptight. Metal forum on the other hand...
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
That's true. Classic rock forum tends not to be too uptight. Metal forum on the other hand...

The CR forum isn't uptight? I need to get around UG more...
Quote by walkinbazooka

No we are not its just when noobs flood the place with random threads without anything to do with CR.

Anyway KC are quality and if you want recomendations have a look in teh other KC thread

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501700&highlight=king+crimson

Or the recomendation thread
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
In The Court Of The Crimson King
Red (their best record imho)
Discipline
Every album is different, and has something nice to offer. Start off with In The Court of the Crimson King.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Quote by Maet
The CR forum isn't uptight? I need to get around UG more...

Compared to metal and punk I think it's a pretty friendly place, provided you aren't looking for trouble.
^^ indeed, in the metal and punk forums the amount of slaying that goes on in threads by people who dont like certain bands that a thread is on is unprecedented
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Red is definitely one of their best

In the court of the crimson King is what you should start off with though, then go to red.

Have fun.
If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.

-Timothy Leary