lynard skynards solo for free bird is fun to play.but this one part i cant get. my friend said he played with his hand over the frets. is this way easier and better to play.
It might help if you told us what part it is you can't play. I'm no music theory expert, but I think it could help.
Quote by merfsullivan
LYNYRD SKYNYRD! ALL "Y"'S!!!!!!!!! It's not that difficult!

+1
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
^^+2.

Also, you may wanna try this thing called 'elaborating.'
It really helps people who have no idea what the hell your talking about.
Natural Harmonics? I can't think of one in that solo so, I'm completley lost as well.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
Yeah well my keyboarder is Asian.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
*gasp*

but yeah, elaboration maybe?

there are no parts of that solo that require too much work apart from a few hours with a metronome, so there shouldn't be a need for a strange technique.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.