I have been playing guitar for about eight years and I have been primarily an electric player. For god sakes I have a gibson explorer and have only one acoustic, being a cheap $250 Ibanez. I am now in an acoustic 2 piece band (link below, check us out!) and I need a descent guitar for shows. I need an acoustic-electric and I have $500-700 to spend. I have been looking at Breedloves, Martins, and some Alvarez. Do you guys have any recommendations in that price range. The cheaper the better. I just need something that will sound good live and is a singlecut for fret access. Thanks
joshuaestock.com
Cross Martin off that list, the one's for $700 aren't worth it. Personally, my favorite acoustic electric in that price range is the Breedlove AC250 or AD250. They are probably your best bet.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
ok u ave got 2 check these out fender have stoppped makin them now they r made bi squire what r shit. it is a telecoustic u can do anyhting a electric gutiar can do because its got a electric neck nd u can reach all the way down the fretboard.
if nt u could always go 4 a oviation they give great sound quality nd look sexc.

oh nd btw ur band rocks im gunna start one with my friend ur my insperation man (sad i know but hey) iv jsut added u as a friend nd ill add u wiht my new band ok man .

guitars

fender telecoustic
valencia acoustic
squire showmaster
aria pro 2 bass guitar
stagg bass

gear
squire 10 watt
space king amp 15watt
peavy amp(dnt know model)
ds.1
Last edited by u burn 1st at Feb 22, 2007,
cool, thx for the input, I'm glad you like the music. I'll look out for your band and give you a listen.
joshuaestock.com
Quote by u burn 1st
ok u ave got 2 check these out fender have stoppped makin them now they r made bi squire what r shit. it is a telecoustic u can do anyhting a electric gutiar can do because its got a electric neck nd u can reach all the way down the fretboard.
if nt u could always go 4 a oviation they give great sound quality nd look sexc.

oh nd btw ur band rocks im gunna start one with my friend ur my insperation man (sad i know but hey) iv jsut added u as a friend nd ill add u wiht my new band ok man

^^Dude, you really need to quit falling asleep in English class.

Back on topic, Ovations are good, but only if you plug them in. Takamine, Alvarez, and the like all make good guitars in your price range, but don't go for the lower price versions of high end guitars (Martins, Taylors, etc.), they just don't cut it.
But of course as usual just go to a music store and try a lot of different guitars and see which one you like, because that's what counts.