I play guitar everyday. I learn new songs. I practice soloing (the small amount I know) but I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I feel like im not practicing correctly, and its causing me to lose interest in playing. I progressed over the years to where I am now, which is good, but I've hung here for almost a year now. I hoped to be shredding right now learning the likes of dragonforce and trivium instead of simple rythm riffs. Any suggestions?
Check out the "guitar technique" thing at the bottom of this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503032.

You should also look at the melodic control video in my sig.
well, do the same thing you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. i suggest getting a tutor, maybe not even full time. just someone better than you to show you what to do and how to do it correctly. you may have poor technique or something of the like to correct before you can really start advancing.
Yes, you need to get out meet someone who is better skilled to show you things you are may, or may not know you are haveing problems. It may seem a little demoralizing at first, but if you want to play well, you will shake it off and go for the gusto. Hang in there baby you ain't the first and you won't be the last to have this type of issue.

Later, alligator!