I am planning on getting my first electric. I am spending up to 350$. A friend of mine just showed me this Ibanez online. It looked great and he told me his guitar teacher has the same one. It fits my budget fine, and i would have about 50$ lefts for a Peavey amp. But anyway what are your guys opions on this guitar. Oh, and I am planning on heading to the shop this weekend to try it. So dont give me any of that you should try it first crap.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_ibanez_re2ex1_electric_guitar?full_sku=103382115

Thanks.
looks solid,a nice guitar prolly,after a while id change the pickups,but id invest in a better amp,maybe spend some more cash on a amp,maybe try to spend about 150 on a amp,and 200 on a guitar,so ull have a better amp when u later get a better guitar...,have fun learning...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by punkMETALskater
looks solid,a nice guitar prolly,after a while id change the pickups,but id invest in a better amp,maybe spend some more cash on a amp,maybe try to spend about 150 on a amp,and 200 on a guitar,so ull have a better amp when u later get a better guitar...,have fun learning...

+1
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
It looks great..Word of advice:watch out for the pots,they seem to break down in seconds..
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
ibanez r great guitars,u can change pick ups but for now keep it like it is,i got and ibanez rg220,great guitar bro,good pickups,def change them but wait n svae up,i haventchanged myne n still souind good
Quote by Le Regiement 06
I am planning on getting my first electric. I am spending up to 350$. A friend of mine just showed me this Ibanez online. It looked great and he told me his guitar teacher has the same one. It fits my budget fine, and i would have about 50$ lefts for a Peavey amp. But anyway what are your guys opions on this guitar. Oh, and I am planning on heading to the shop this weekend to try it. So dont give me any of that you should try it first crap.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_ibanez_re2ex1_electric_guitar?full_sku=103382115

Thanks.

Since you are on a budget, This one is $20 cheaper and is has a Mahogany body...

Ibanez RG321MH

I have the RG3EX which is basically the same guitar you posted except mine has the quilted maple top. I replaced the passive EMG with a set of active EMG 81/89 and it sounds and plays great!
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Last edited by mattldm2003 at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by mattldm2003
Since you are on a budget, This one is $20 cheaper and is has a Mahogany body...

Ibanez RG321MH

I have the RG3EX which is basically the same guitar you posted except mine has the quilted maple top. I replace the passive EMG with a set of active EMG 81/89 and it sounds and plays great!

Even better.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by mattldm2003

Ibanez RG321MH

I have the RG3EX which is basically the same guitar you posted except mine has the quilted maple top. I replace the passive EMG with a set of active EMG 81/89 and it sounds and plays great!

good thinking

Private in the 7>6

I'm yet another Ibanez RG believer. They are very solid, very durable, well built and designed instruments. Their downfall is their pickups; the IBZ series pu's that find their way into many rg's are too dark and a touch muddey. Dunno about these...anyway, get some straplocks and keep the input jack tight, and you'll be set to go though hell and back and still have this thing playing. You should see my rg7321, it's hideously chipped and scratched and painted and sprayed and wirtten on and abused, but still plays like a dream.
This guitar looks pretty solid for that price range. I would recommend Ibanez quality, just don't expect anything overly stellar from a lower range guitar.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I play nothing but the Rg series now, and i am yet to be disapoineted.
If you get an RG with EMG pickups, you are getting a better buy.
Ive played that model, and its pretty soild.
The only down you might face is it keeping tuning, but that all lies on if you downtune or not.
(i downtune on my 6 string RG to drop C, with 11 guage strings and it plays fine)
My sHit:
Ibanez RG 321 Custom set up
Fender Strat.-CustoM 11 G. String Set up
Ibanez RG7 321(7 String)
2 Fender FM 212R's
Boss Mega Distortion Pedal
Boss Flanger Pedal
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Horizon Guitar Cables
this guitar doesn't have a lock system. so don't mess with tremolo too much cuz it's gonna go off tune. and don't spend too little money on amp.
this guitar doesnt have a trem,neither the rg321,or the one he posted

Private in the 7>6

Quote by Infatuation
this guitar doesn't have a lock system. so don't mess with tremolo too much cuz it's gonna go off tune. and don't spend too little money on amp.

It has a solid bridge, there is no tremolo.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
I just came across this online...

I have no affiliation with the seller, I no nothing about them, I simply saw the listing and thought I would pass it on...

Ibanez RG321MH
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2