Quote by Highvoltage45
Do I dare click?

Bricks will be shat.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

...next time i want a buzz kill i'll give you a call...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
it's all good, no scary sh*t.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
duuuuuuuuuude, so the measuring device disrupted the waves? it kind of makes sense if they measured by laser or something but this is in now way my subject lol

shoop da whoop

....had to be said
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
If you're saying that it doesn't make any sense, then pay attention, you might just get it.

Also, might I say, the video was pretty friggin' cool. Interesting stuff.
Quote by Shredder6
duuuuuuuuuude, so the measuring device disrupted the waves? it kind of makes sense if they measured by laser or something but this is in now way my subject lol

shoop da whoop

....had to be said

No observation did. Because they were observing the electrons, the electrons reacted differently, just because they were being observed. So in other words: IMMA MOVIN DA PARTICLES WITH MAH EYES AND MIND.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by Godly Moose
No observation did. Because they were observing the electrons, the electrons reacted differently, just because they were being observed. So in other words: IMMA MOVIN DA PARTICLES WITH MAH EYES AND MIND.

huuuuuuuh? i fear that you will try to explain it to me again and i will never truly understand
Interesting, but I don't like scientific stuff to be displayed through 3D graphics.

It's like Wikipedia being right about everything.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm so confused...
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by Shredder6
huuuuuuuh? i fear that you will try to explain it to me again and i will never truly understand

...*sigh* Basically the electrons are acting in every single way they can, basically creating a wave effect. BUT, because then we started observing the electrons they changed their path, just because we were observing them. I'm not sure how the I'm moving them with my mind, and eyes part you didn't get.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

i'm so confused...

so did they wind up with any kind of conclusion?

i dont know what is real now...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Godly Moose
...*sigh* Basically the electrons are acting in every single way they can, basically creating a wave effect. BUT, because then we started observing the electrons they changed their path, just because we were observing them. I'm not sure how the I'm moving them with my mind, and eyes part you didn't get.

well i guess i understand what your saying but i just don't get how we can do that, but we should figure it out and harness it and make telekinesis possible, i know its sort of possible but lets make it really possible
Quote by Shredder6
well i guess i understand what your saying but i just don't get how we can do that, but we should figure it out and harness it and make telekinesis possible, i know its sort of possible but lets make it really possible

That's the thing, we're not sure how. It just works like this. We're not intentionally doing it, it's just how it works.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I need a protologist and a building license, ASAP.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Groovy, groovy.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
WHAT. THE. FLIP.
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

... What?
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

My brain just exploded.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
That professor is WAY too old to be wearing a spandex costume.

This was a pretty interesting vid. Physics never ceases to fascinate me and toy with my mind.

EDIT: V

Weed would make quantum physics seem infinitely easier to grasp.

"Dude, the electron just doesn't like being watched...it's so small and shy sensisitive, so it won't do anything for us when it knows we're right there, watching it move...and stuff...whoa..."
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Feb 20, 2007,
I watched this entire movie a few months ago.

It. Was. ****ed.

If I was a physicist, I'd just smoke bongs and study this shit all day.
Quote by instagata0
i'm so confused...

so did they wind up with any kind of conclusion?

i dont know what is real now...

Everything is a wave. Everything is a particle. That's all.
Looking for my India/Django.
whoa dude that was intense.that video killed some of my brain cells
pretty cool.

how can we know for sure that this is real..and that electrons react different when we "watch" them?.....im not sure if i should believe what the weird 3-d old dude says....
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
It just explains the idea that everything around us is actually much different than we perceive it as. I wrote a paper on this in my Comp. 1102 class. We had a really good conversation about how we affect our environment just by our perceptions. Reality is never as it seems.
Member #23 of the Opeth Fan Club

God is dead.
That's actually pretty basic quantum physics.

If this interests you, look up the Schrodinger's Cat thought eperiment.

Unfortunately, alot of theoretical "physicists" take ideas such as these out of context, and use them to get people to believe alot of bullshit.
For anyone that's interested..

..here's some meat to go with that animation - cut and pasted from an early chapter in Basdivant-Daliburd's book on QM (...week 2 of my course last semester).

Quote by billab0ng
I watched this entire movie a few months ago.

It. Was. ****ed.

If I was a physicist, I'd just smoke bongs and study this shit all day.

Welcome to my world

Yeah, we looked at quantum mechanics last semester: it's very, very strange to say the least. The main problem comes from kids being taught that electrons orbit the nucleus, which is simply not true.

To Logic:

I hate all those shitty Eigenfunctions, and as for the three dimensional shroedinger equation...

Another thing that's hard to get your head round is that there's no way of relating this stuff to our day to day lives, it just plain old goes against what we macros experience. It's hard to come to grips with the idea that quanutm mechanics really is just mathematics in the flesh, and can only be described through maths
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Feb 21, 2007,
^ Haha

Well, if that rubs you the wrong way, check out one of our homework problems from last week:

Yeah, we had hyperfine transition and rotational energy questions in one of our mid semester tests. It took me a while to get my head around the different quantum numbers. Colour, for example, is such bollocks It's just like they thought: shit, we've found a particle that has all the same quantum numbers, so instead of re-thinking our classification system, we'll just make up another quantum number and bodge the whole thing back together
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Yeah, we had hyperfine transition and rotational energy questions in one of our mid semester tests. It took me a while to get my head around the different quantum numbers. Colour, for example, is such bollocks It's just like they thought: shit, we've found a particle that has all the same quantum numbers, so instead of re-thinking our classification system, we'll just make up another quantum number and bodge the whole thing back together

I always considered Dirac to be a lazy bum, anyway.

Today my prof used the phrase "and then a miracle occurs" twice in the same lecture, and he meant it seriously. That gives me confidence.
pshh. read "timeline" by michael crichton. it's better than jurassic park and everything.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
"I can safely say no one understands this" - Richard Feynman, one of the leading scientists on quantum mechanics. God that quote makes me feel better every day.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Schrodinger's cat. Put a cat in a box and randomly select one of 2 cannisters of gas to connect to the box. One is air and one is poison. Until you open the box to see if the cat is alive or dead, it's alive and dead.

Understand now?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
Schrodinger's cat. Put a cat in a box and randomly select one of 2 cannisters of gas to connect to the box. One is air and one is poison. Until you open the box to see if the cat is alive or dead, it's alive and dead.

Understand now?

no. that makes it all vague and mindfucking in the same way as philosophy is.

real life FTW. theories can eff right off.

*didn't take physics for a reason*
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I hate Quantum physics.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
The scientist almost shit himself when he saw the electrons made the interference pattern lol
Page 1 of 2