I'm going to start to learn Harmonica just cause everyone I know plays guitar and it doesn't really interest me anymore while I've always wanted to play harmonica so I'm finally going to get one I'm considering this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lee-Oskar-Major-Diatonic-Harmonica?sku=423600
but I don't know what key I should get it in like C or A like I'm completely lost so if I wanted to play like Folky Bob Dylan type or some blues what key should I get it in?
Depends. If you want to play folk harmonica, get it in C. If you're playing blues harmonica, get it in A or D.

When you play blues, you play 'cross-harp' which means the key of the harmonica is shifted down by a fifth. Thus, an A harp played cross-harp would be in the key of E.

Harmonica's a great instrument, really easy to learn but hard to get really good at.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
I don't understand the question.

Harmonicas can only be played in two keys: their original key and their cross-key, which is a fifth below. If you want to be able to play harmonica in any key, you need to buy a chromatic (which is a pain in the ass to play) or get eight different harmonicas. I would recommend buying one or two and sticking to those keys for songs.

Hope that clears it up.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
No, I'm sorry I meant is there anyway I could get a harmonica that I could play both Folk and Blues on without one of them sounded like crap
Generally your standard blues harp handles blues and folk equally well. Its just a matter of how you play the harmonica - sort of like guitar, actually. If you want the bluesy kind of sound, make sure to suck in a lot, and play lower on the harp; if you want folky style, play chords and play higher on the harmonica.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
Thank You Man

So, if you'd have to pick what key do you think would fit this the best C, A, or D?
Your call. A lot of folk songs are in C or Am, so a C harp is usually a good place to start.

Good luck.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
Theres a great youtube video of a guy playing a blues walk on a Marine Band in C. Search for it.