NOT! saw them tonight and they are what you'd expect and they sound realy good....but they need to play more stuff off of the 7 inch and my love my way
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by shai_savant
they need to play more stuff off of the 7 inch and my love my way

the song by the sea is amazing!!!!

Quote by KissingShadows
what?

stay out of the hardcore forum if you don't know what the f*** we are talking about
i think that this was maybe the sixth time i've seen them and most of the time they opened with the outsiders and played the same exact set..this time they didn't and it was cool but they just didn't play enough stuff from before witness

the geeks were ****ing sweet just an over all fun(ny) and happy band to watch

a local band,expired youth, played their second to last show...they are on think fast...check them out!!!

i was eating pizza during ambitions i was very hungry and now that their on b9 i'm sure that i'll get another chance to see them

if this tour comes to your area go maybe it'll be a date with bane and down to nothing...that's even sweeter and you should go
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Quote by kaktusnpoop
stay out of the hardcore forum if you don't know what the f*** we are talking about

stop being an ass, if you hadn't noticed, there are a lot more users that were here before you, and if you also hadn't noticed, who gives a **** if he doesn't know what the topic is about, its not like MLIW is the epitomy of hardcore.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by bloodstained
stop being an ass, if you hadn't noticed, there are a lot more users that were here before you, and if you also hadn't noticed, who gives a **** if he doesn't know what the topic is about, its not like MLIW is the epitomy of hardcore.

He shouldn't be posting like a moron in a thread about a band he's never heard of. And to be honest, Modern Life is War is one of the best bands in hardcore today.

Go play with your barbies.
you have no idea...
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by kaktusnpoop

Sorry champ, but I can't exactly say I know what you're talking about either. I understand the MLIW bit but don't quite get what the threads about.
Quote by Cedence
He shouldn't be posting like a moron in a thread about a band he's never heard of. And to be honest, Modern Life is War is one of the best bands in hardcore today.

Go play with your barbies.

Stop thinking Hardcore is some exclusive club.
People have the right to ask if a thread is written in gay code.
The thread was about MLIW's setlist consisting of more stuff off of Witness. Now if Kissing Shadows was actually curious, he could have asked for a link or something, instead of spamming the thread.

I dont know, I thought the thread made sense.
I saw them in November with Converge and Some Girls. Despite the fact that their set was cut by about 20 minutes, they still played incredible. They are by far one of the best Hardcore bands around today.

I also saw them over the summer with Bane and I think Outbreak. But that could have been with Have Heart and Verse the day after. They were still awesome though.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by Craigo
Let's not fight.

And welcome back Shai.

Gigs are always better when you know the songs ehh? Any news on the new album? Educate me someone, I'm dry on this.

i saw a poster that i think said that they are coming out with the cd in the spring time and it's on equalvision records

and to disco they did play with bane and outbreak in the summer i ****ing drove to st.louis from chicago with my friends because we really wanted to see them and bane but they dropped that show and outbreak was awsome at that show
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Let me guess that the playlist consisted of the first 5 songs off of Witness, I'm Not Ready, By The Sea, First and Ellen, Self Preservation and Clarity, along with a couple new ones. That would get a thumbs up from me even though I like My Love My Way a lot lot lot more than Witness.

I heard one new song one time when I saw them live, and I agree, it sounded just like old MLIW. To be honest, this is one band that I do not want to change their sound.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
no they didn't play that much from my love my way **** i'm drawing a blank on what it...first and ellen for sure and by the sea for sure i just don't think they played anymore because they did play five songs from witness like you said and three new ones...mad dogs of glory(it's titled something like that and that's the one that you probably heard before because i remember them playing it before) i wanna say that played self preservation and clarity but i can't see them having time for it i'll post again later if i remember

all i know is that someone yelled at destination and someone yelled out farmers holiday and he said that those are two that they won't be playing...i've never heard farmers holiday live unfortunately
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
From past experience, they usually start off with By The Sea.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

I'm probably gonna see em here in Rochester on the 30th with Achilles (kickass local band www.myspace.com/achilles ). Not familiar with MLIW's stuff though, where should I start?
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by STRAT811
I'm probably gonna see em here in Rochester on the 30th with Achilles (kickass local band www.myspace.com/achilles ). Not familiar with MLIW's stuff though, where should I start?

Start off by picking up My Love, My Way and then Witness and if you can find it, the first EP. Either way, you can't go wrong. They're all great cd's.
Quote by LPIndin

Thanks. I definetly will.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Someone help me out please, i love MILW but all i have heard is witness.
How is their older stuff compared to witness?
Quote by marcofaria
Someone help me out please, i love MILW but all i have heard is witness.
How is their older stuff compared to witness?

Different. MLMW isn't as slow overall, but it's an excellent album ,equal in quality to Witness imo. Best tracks off of that album are Late Bloomers, By the Sea, Momentum, and First & Ellen.

I'd highly recommend picking it up. No question about it.

Anyone else read the news on their site? after their little tour, they are going to record and then contiune touring. So incredibly stoked for the new album.
Quote by Cedence
Different. MLMW isn't as slow overall, but it's an excellent album ,equal in quality to Witness imo. Best tracks off of that album are Late Bloomers, By the Sea, Momentum, and First & Ellen.

Anyone else read the news on their site? after their little tour, they are going to record and then contiune touring. So incredibly stoked for the new album.

I'm stoked beyond reason. These dudes are really pouring their hearts into making this record amazing and I have no doubt it will be incredible.

Hopefully they will stop by Florida again over the summer.
Quote by LPIndin

Quote by Cedence

so pumped for that

Would you mind sending me that cd if you get a chance?
My Love. My Way. >>>>>>>> Witness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>my expectations for the new album after hearing the 2 new songs
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I'm really stoked for this album. All the new songs are great!
Quote by LPIndin

Thanks jeff, the new songs my favorite so far. I'm about to preorder the cd/shirt deal at merchnow.