Whats a decent tube head that i could pick up (used?) for around $500 thats loud enough for gigging through a 412 cab. I was thinking about an Orange Tiny Terror but im not sure if it would be loud enough.
EDIT: Styles are pretty much classic rock, blues, RHCP type stuff. Something that can do good cleans, crunch, and good all out distortion when i need it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 20, 2007,
you could get an epiphone tube amp.. the socal amp is 50 watts and has some badass stuff in it.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
I'm building my amp. The total, shipping included, was less than $500. Something to think about.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Windsor? Styles?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Windsor? Styles?

Sorry about that, see the edit.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Whats a decent tube head that i could pick up (used?) for around $500 thats loud enough for gigging through a 412 cab. I was thinking about an Orange Tiny Terror but im not sure if it would be loud enough.
EDIT: Styles are pretty much classic rock, blues, RHCP type stuff. Something that can do good cleans, crunch, and good all out distortion when i need it.

I have this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Palomino-V32H-30w-Amp-Head?sku=480988

It starts to break up really fast, but that only makes the normally nuances of getting the right amount of distortion easier.(it doesn't go from clean to full on loud quickly.) Plus it seems to be able to get quite loud even with the gain at 30. Only problem with it is if you even out the volumes your gain starts to decrease. I put both on 10 and had clean.
There is also a problem with fuzz even with a humbucker, but it might just be my amp.
30w will be plenty to power a 4x12.

just my .02
Quote by Schecter1277
I have this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Palomino-V32H-30w-Amp-Head?sku=480988

It starts to break up really fast, but that only makes the normally nuances of getting the right amount of distortion easier.(it doesn't go from clean to full on loud quickly.) Plus it seems to be able to get quite loud even with the gain at 30. Only problem with it is if you even out the volumes your gain starts to decrease. I put both on 10 and had clean.
There is also a problem with fuzz even with a humbucker, but it might just be my amp.
30w will be plenty to power a 4x12.

just my .02

Isn't that a hybrid with just tube preamps?

Also, I will sell you a BV120w for $500 if you want it. I am buying a dual rect mesa when it sells
Quote by garden of grey

Also, I will sell you a BV120w for $500 if you want it. I am buying a dual rect mesa when it sells

BV120W??? Can u give me a link to one?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by garden of grey

Thats a class A tube head. It pushes 30 watts but good for rock.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Ashdown make some very nice tube amps without scary pricetags. I've only played their Fallen Angel one, which I think is their most popular line of amps, or something, and it was very decent. Not 100% sure if you can get it for 500$ but I think you can.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
Ashdown make some very nice tube amps without scary pricetags. I've only played their Fallen Angel one, which I think is their most popular line of amps, or something, and it was very decent. Not 100% sure if you can get it for 500$ but I think you can.

Isnt ashdown geared more towards metal?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Isnt ashdown geared more towards metal?

Oops, I didn't really read the entire first post properly, lol. it's 6 am and I'm sleeping at work, don't mind me! For stuff like listed, rock and whatnot, I always suggest Laney, one of the LC series would probably do perfect; though VC might also be worth checking out, they're sort of softer, with a more classic feel to them.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
New, I think that Peavey Windsor might be a good choice. The Palomino might be worth looking at, too.

I think you'll get a lot more more for your money used, though. Search eBay for "tube amp," "tube head," or by brand in musical instruments. I bet you'll find a couple items to your likinig well within your price range, especially is you're willing to go vintage or off-brand.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.