Page 1 of 2
other then protest the hero are there any hardcore/metalcore bands with a technical guitar style?
Quote by Cedence
Converge

i didnt hear anything technical, all i heard was some gay dude screaming with some garbage riff(and definitely not a technical style)
Architects, Johnny Truant & Centurion. All from the Brighton UK scene.
Last edited by Centurion at Feb 20, 2007,
Quote by remember
i didnt hear anything technical, all i heard was some gay dude screaming with some garbage riff(and definitely not a technical style)

get out of the forum
Human Abstract, Fall of Troy, Psyopus, Between the Buried and Me, Tera Melos (?, probably not...but they're great)
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
maybe its just protest the hero and necrophagist i like? i thought i liked them because of there technical guitar but im beggining to think i liked those bands becuase there music is great lol.
Definitely check The Fall Of Troy.
-Every time I die
-Dance Gavin Dance
-Horse The Band
-Glasgow Drive
-The Burning Room.

They're not all super technical but they're all great ones you should check out.
I can't believe no one's said the Faceless yet

along with them,Check out:
-The Fall of Troy
-Between The Buried and Me
-The Human Abstract
-Into The Moat
-HORSE The Band
-The Dillinger Escape Plan
Quote by remember

You suck. Listen to any song off of Petitioning the Empty Sky, and tell me you don't hear anything technical. No, the guitarist(s) don't wank on their guitars for a 5 minute "epic" solo, but it's some of the best and most innovative guitar work in hardcore. A few songs that really demonstrate this are:

The Saddest Day (especially this one)
Shingles
For You
Color Me Blood Red
The Broken Vow
Concubine
Homesong
Dead
Anthesis

EDIT: P.S. Jacob Bannon will write a better song than you, anyone you know, or anyone you will ever meet.
Quote by Cedence
You suck. Listen to any song off of Petitioning the Empty Sky, and tell me you don't hear anything technical. No, the guitarist(s) don't wank on their guitars for a 5 minute "epic" solo, but it's some of the best and most innovative guitar work in hardcore. A few songs that really demonstrate this are:

The Saddest Day (especially this one)
Shingles
For You
Color Me Blood Red
The Broken Vow
Concubine
Homesong
Dead
Anthesis

EDIT: P.S. Jacob Bannon will write a better song than you, anyone you know, or anyone you will ever meet.

concubine was the pile of shit i heard
Quote by remember

Take that back you piece of shit.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Quote by remember
concubine was the pile of shit i heard

Well don't base your opinion of a band off of one song, especially a short one like concubine. Listen to any other song on that list. Guarentee your opinion will change, unless you really are as retarded as you seem.
Quote by Cedence
Converge

Thaw FTW
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
i also listened to fault and fracture. they are technical but im not a big fan of the lead vocals and still wasnt a big fan of there riffs... there music just isnt good.
Quote by Cedence
Listen to Albatross. You will probably like the vocals. PTES is very different from Jane Doe or any of the other albums.

will do.
Beneath The Massacre, Between The Buried And Me, The Human abstract, With Passion, Ion Dissonance
Why the hell are people recommending Converge when it's clear he doesn't enjoy it?

All Shall Perish
Between The Buried and Me (especially check out this one)
The Faceless
The Human Abstract (very, very similar to PTH in a lot of ways)
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin

All Shall Perish
Between The Buried and Me (especially check out this one)
The Faceless
The Human Abstract (very, very similar to PTH in a lot of ways)

Add to this list:
Necrophagist
Behold...The Arctopus
Light This City
Glass Casket
Dead To Fall (at times)
The Fall Of Troy
Beneath The Massacre
The Black Dahlia Murder
Into The Moat
From A Second Story Window

Now he should be covered for awhile.
:]
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by mexican_shred
Freaking The Human Abstract

the human abstract is NOT tech at ALL
Quote by MarkSays
the human abstract is NOT tech at ALL

I call bullshit.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Why the hell are people recommending Converge when it's clear he doesn't enjoy it?

Because they are a perfect example of what he is looking for, and he had listened to one mediocre track out of the 12 or so albums they've put out, and started shit talking the band
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Add to this list:
Necrophagist
Behold...The Arctopus
Light This City
Glass Casket
Dead To Fall (at times)
The Fall Of Troy
Beneath The Massacre
The Black Dahlia Murder
Into The Moat
From A Second Story Window

Now he should be covered for awhile.
:]

necrophagist-been one of my favorite bands for a while now and along with protest the hero one of the reasons i made this thread.

fall of troy-ive heard and not a big fan

the black dahlia murder-ive heard and not a big fan

into the moat-great band

all the others ill have to check out
Quote by Centurion
Architects, Johnny Truant & Centurion. All from the Brighton UK scene.

I'm proud to be a Brightoner! haha but yeah I wouldn't call centurion technical in any shape or form, or johnny truant, Architects are though!

Oh yeah and if you want some technical shit to improve your guitar playing then it has to be NECROPHAGIST!!! all the way. I'm seeing them tonight with origin=SO excited.
Last edited by m3tz at Mar 8, 2007,
Page 1 of 2