Hey all!

I have a Marshall MG100HDFX (click link to view image and control configuration) and I've recently noticed that my Reverb doesn't work at all. I've taken the amplifier apart and inspected the solder joints and testing the pot with a multimeter and it gives a consistent resistance reading when I turn it but still no joy.

My amplifier has a seperate channel for the built in effects and since my reverb never worked I am unable to determine whether or not you need to turn the effects on to have reverb work or not, if anyone with the same or similar amp could verify this that would be good too...

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
Well a huge part of your problem is the fact that it's an MG. Do you have any sort of warranty?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
since the effects are digital that probably means that the chipd for it are fried, youll have to replace the amp if you want the reverb to work.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
What is reverb anyways? I know I probably sound like a n00b for asking this, but I can't tell any difference between the low and high reverb settings on my amp.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
I did have a warranty but it ran out I think. There is a digital effects chip inside which seems to have no apparent physical damage or dodgy connections to it - the other effects, ie. Chorus, Flanger etc work fine...
I'd just try taking it to the dealer.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
find a large canyon, bring a car battery, hook it up down there, turn it to 10 and jam away. smaller canyon= faster reverb , do it just like the pioneers did! they had to be doing something right or else we wouldnt be here.
I dont know...

Lets talk about the weather!

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Wait, I had an idea other than killing and skull fucking? What's up with me today...