Page 1 of 3
Trad metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is traditional metal. Sometimes arrogantly referred to as "true metallers" or "old school" metallers. Band examples: Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and later on, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Iced Earth.

Power metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is power metal. Band examples: Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Kamelot.

Glam metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is glam metal. Band examples: Mötley Crüe, Ratt, L.A. Guns, Queen, KISS, The Darkness.

Prog metaller: A Metalhead whose primary taste in metal is progressive metal.Band Examples: Dream Theater,Symphony X,Opeth, etc.

Prime metaller: A metalhead who has a taste in all categories of metal, not one or the other. Most commonly one who grew up in a time of no satisfying genres. EX: those born in 1990's, 2000's, and so on. usually a person who is still finding them selves. Band Examples: Slayer, Metallica, Cradle of Filth, H.I.M., Arch Enemy, and bands such as that.

Thrash metaller: Also known as 'Thrashers' and 'Thrasheads'. A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is thrash metal. Band examples: Slayer, (early) Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth.

Doom metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is doom metal. Band examples: My Dying Bride, Katatonia, (early) Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Electric Wizard.

Black metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is black metal. Band examples: Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem.

Death metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is death metal. This naturally includes death metal's sub-categories: goregrind, grindcore (to an extent) etcetera. Band examples: Cannibal Corpse, Death, Deicide, Obituary, Incantation.

Folk metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is folk metal. A strong interest in Nordic mythology is almost universal. Often enjoy listening to folk music such as Tenhi. Folk metal usually overlaps with other genres, particularly black metal and viking metal. Band examples: Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum.

Viking metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is viking metal. This is more a preferences for a particular theme that encompasses many metal subgenres than a particular musical sound. Almost universally interested in Nordic mythology and history and often follow neopaganism. Band Examples: Amon Amarth, Enslaved, Thyrfing, Einherjer, Adorned Brood, Týr.

Shock metaller: Also "shock rocker", A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is shock metal. Band Examples: Alice Cooper, W.A.S.P., GWAR.

Allmetaller: If you just love everything on this list.

Followers of more mainstream subgenres:

Mallcore: Typically an insult referring to fans of nu metal. Band examples: Korn, Deftones, and Slipknot.

Fashioncore Kid: A fan of metalcore and "Emo". Band examples: Aiden, Atreyu, Funeral for a Friend.

Mall goth: Typically an insult to goths seen in public, usually fans of "Emo", nu metal and metalcore .
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Last edited by etniesmuzikskat at Feb 21, 2007,
Im a Metal Forum Metaller. Now go there please.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
You forgot

High-School-Musical Metaller
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
A crossdresser.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Led Zeppelin isn't metal.

I guess I'd go in "Prime Metaller." Though, I don't like that label, or any label. Which is ironic as I've labeled myself by answering.
im...confused.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by The Casualty

Yeah, but they are considered to be a major influence, and a lot of fans of older metal seem to consider them as a major part of it...I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think that it's more about their influence and people's tendency to lump them in with that than whether or not they are metal, or not.

As for me, I like a lot of stuff from different genres (many of which are listed), so I don't really count as any of those.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
sa'll gooood
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Fuck Metal!!!!!
But, seriously, I guess I'd fit into the Prime Metaller category. Also, please remove DragonForce and Kamelot from the Power Metal list. DragonForce barely counts, and Kamelot is...well...Kamelot.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Fagcore metaller ftw!
I like doom/black/viking/folk/death/glam/shock/power metal though but I don't try to fit into any of those labels.
"Led Zeppelin isn't metal"

Don't even fuckin start.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by santhony1987
"Led Zeppelin isn't metal"

Don't even fuckin start.

kek
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Power Metaller. I LOVE it!
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
Unleashes high pitched goblin sqeal BLAAACK METALLL
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Label Free

That's a label in itself. You're a non-conforming conformist who REFUSES to be labeled in one clique. I'm going to guess you're a mall goth.

POWER METAL FTW!
power
thrash
folk
meh they're all pretty much awesome

but realistically this should be in the metal forum
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
So basically you just took every genre of metal an put -er on the end of it to make these 'classifications?'
Quote by natel0083
So basically you just took every genre of metal an put -er on the end of it to make these 'classifications?'

uh huh
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I'm just a floating head.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
"Allmetaller"
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Im a Glam Rocker...Not Metaller...Motley Crue And KISS is Teh Pwnz0rz!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone
No rly?

Ya rly.
In that list, Thrash metaller is probably most accurate. Saying that I like all genres of metal except black and glam. But really, I'm just me
Where's prog metaller?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
labels are for soup cans.

occasionally I'll play some grindcore/hardcorepunkish metal. Which is almost metal. but I don't listen to that stuff...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by walkinbazooka
Where's prog metaller?

+1
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Not everyone listens to metal (although I do).
Also, I like some of the descriptions (this may not be a proper quote, but it is near enough)
Power Metaller: You listen to power metal

Surely not!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i like bits of trad, power, death and black metal. i describe myself as "weirdmetaller"
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Page 1 of 3