Trad metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is traditional metal. Sometimes arrogantly referred to as "true metallers" or "old school" metallers. Band examples: Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and later on, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Iced Earth.

Power metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is power metal. Band examples: Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, DragonForce.

Glam metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is glam metal. Band examples: Mötley Crüe, Ratt, L.A. Guns, Queen, KISS, The Darkness.

Prime metaller: A metalhead who has a taste in all categories of metal, not one or the other. Most commonly one who grew up in a time of no satisfying genres. EX: those born in 1990's, 2000's, and so on. usually a person who is still finding them selves. Band Examples: Slayer, Metallica, Cradle of Filth, H.I.M., Arch Enemy, and bands such as that.

Thrash metaller: Also known as 'Thrashers' and 'Thrasheads'. A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is thrash metal. Band examples: Slayer, (early) Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth.

Doom metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is doom metal. Band examples: My Dying Bride, Katatonia, (early) Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Electric Wizard.

Black metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is black metal. Band examples: Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem.

Death metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is death metal. This naturally includes death metal's sub-categories: goregrind, grindcore (to an extent) etcetera. Band examples: Cannibal Corpse, Death, Deicide, Obituary, Incantation.

Folk metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is folk metal. A strong interest in Nordic mythology is almost universal. Often enjoy listening to folk music such as Tenhi. Folk metal usually overlaps with other genres, particularly black metal and viking metal. Band examples: Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum.

Viking metaller: A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is viking metal. This is more a preferences for a particular theme that encompasses many metal subgenres than a particular musical sound. Almost universally interested in Nordic mythology and history and often follow neopaganism. Band Examples: Amon Amarth, Enslaved, Thyrfing, Einherjer, Adorned Brood, Týr.

Shock metaller: Also "shock rocker", A metalhead whose primary taste in metal is shock metal. Band Examples: Alice Cooper, W.A.S.P., GWAR.

Followers of more mainstream subgenres:

Mallcore: Typically an insult referring to fans of nu metal. Band examples: Korn, Deftones, and Slipknot.

Fashioncore Kid: A fan of metalcore and "Emo". Band examples: Aiden, Atreyu, Funeral for a Friend.

Mall goth: Typically an insult to goths seen in public, usually fans of "Emo", nu metal and metalcore .
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Yo nig don't lable me son
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Meh, I don't know, I'm into 'most all those genres equally.
Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
u made 2 threads man
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
I guess I'm a black metaller(I don't think thats even a word)
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Well, I'm mostly into thrash, melodic death, and metalcore, but I also enjoy death metal, some grindcore, and plenty of classic metal bands. I dunno what that would make me xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Fire Hawk
u made 2 threads man

I Know I realized it belongs in the meatl forum
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Makes you cool thats it. I think the real metal heads can be open to each type of genre. I mostly listen to black and death, but I actually really like metalcore...actually just Lamb of God, I fricken love that band, but not to get off topic But I think it shouldn't matter what people like, but lets not start an argument off topic *waits to see if anyone goes way off topic completing my evil plan*
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Makes you cool thats it. I think the real metal heads can be open to each type of genre. I mostly listen to black and death, but I actually really like metalcore...actually just Lamb of God, I fricken love that band, but not to get off topic But I think it shouldn't matter what people like, but lets not start an argument off topic *waits to see if anyone goes way off topic completing my evil plan*

You just made my list of people I'd buy a beer for! *wonders who will notice the reference *

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by thecameronator
except H.I.M if u can call that metal

I call it music that wishes it was as cool as toilet paper so people would wipe thier asses with it

Stupid name.

LOL you basically took every sub-genre and added metaller to the end
you fail
My sig is better than yours