Poll: which cab?
Poll Options
View poll results: which cab?
5 22%
Marshall 1960A
18 78%
Voters: 23.
I've heard people say that Avatar Cabs are better than a 1960A. Which one should I get to match my JSX head?
Never heard an Avatar cab to be honest... But I love the 1960's.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I dunno about avatar but the 1960B eats the 1960A for brekky.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
I'd go with the Avatar. You can get one with better speakers for less than the Marshall.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by santhony1987
I dunno about avatar but the 1960B eats the 1960A for brekky.

No waiz! I so much prefer the A's
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by andrew7667
I'd go with the Avatar. You can get one with better speakers for less than the Marshall.

It's not just speakers that matter. Construction of cab plays a role too. metal Lover, if you have the money, get the Marshall.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
pretty much. i have an avatar 2x12, and it sounds tinny through an Eip LP standard. it lacks that oomph.
Quote by andrew7667

+1 U can get it w/ vintage 30's for way less than the marshall. Or if vintage 30's arent your thing they have just about every other kind of speaker.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Supern00b
pretty much. i have an avatar 2x12, and it sounds tinny through an Eip LP standard. it lacks that oomph.

Really? Mine has plenty of punch.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
TBH, I've never seen the big deal about Avatar. I got caught up in the hype of them and ordered a 4x12 and was hoghly dissapointed, it just sounded so thin, like something was missing from the spectrum. I salvaged the speakers and we used the cab for firewood.
1960. The JSX sounds wonderful through it.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
1960's B cainet is the best.

I personally have the Marshall JCM 2000 100 watt DSL (Dual Super Lead) with the 1960's B cabinet. All I have to say is the tone I have owns your souls...
Avatars are nice cabs, but if you can find a used Marshall for similar money, I would go for the Marshall for sure!
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2