Poll: What is a better shape?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is a better shape?
V
14 23%
Normal
46 77%
Voters: 60.
I am about to buy a gibson flying v but is it really good? What is your favourite or your view on the best type of guitar?
there are more than two shapes?

you really ought to go play it and decide for yourself if it is good.
Originally posted by Mad Marius
You've broken a low E string??? What style do you play, guitar raping noise core?
Stratocaster.
definitely in my opinion.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the normal, v shape is just too exaggerated, and its not comfortable when sitting
It depends what you consider normal. I consider Ibanez RG and Fender Stratocaster as "normal". Personally, I would go for a Gibson Explorer over a V. If it's something like, say, a Caparison Orbit, I would pick that, simply because of the easy access to all 27 frets, something that most V's seem to lack.
There is nothing more metal than a V. I love them. At first, when I bought my current V, I didn't like that I had to stand up to play it. But now I'm used to standing, and I don't even want to sit down. I think that once you get a V, there is no going back.
superstrats are my personal favourite, there also is no normal. if your going mainstream either go strat or lespaul they're 2 completely different things.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Tele, I find most comftable when playing sitting down
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
in my opion i wouldnt get the v its 2 badd 2 play sittin down if u got that money go 4 a les paul or a fat strat with humbucker pick up at the bridge. u can get a loads nicer guitar than that g dluck m8 i knwo u will make the rite choice
oh play all teh guitars 1st cos u dnt want a reli shitty 1
V is one of the worst shapes in terms of ergonomics and playability, it's just got an appeal to it that people like, a stage presence.

I like too many different types of guitar to say one is the best.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Les Pauls and ES-335s have the best shapes.

Vs are cool, but I prefer something more conventional.
Can't stop the signal.
Get a Faded V.

Or a 60's remake.

Which is the same thing as a Faded V.

Some say it's impossible to play sitting, but I can with a neck strap, and it's an AWESOME axe. You might want to get an Explorer if you're into conventional guitars/modern blending.

Jimmi Hendrix V ftw!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Normal? I voted normal, just because I can't stand V's.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Okay,well i havent played a v before but if anyone knows what the most comfortable type is then that wuld be great just in case some of you ar wondering wat normal for me is, probably a les paul's shape...just on the topic of a V a red and white 1 would look sooo kool. I play mostly sitting down, but if i get this v then i can practise and peform standing. thanks for all your replys guys!
Definately a normal. I've owned an Acme Normal for about a year now, and it's been great, so much better than that flying V which was the only alternative.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
The V shape is one of the coolest shapes IMO, but it's a pain in the ear to sit down with. All though standing up it's really good because of the nice fret access.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
sitting down is no problem with a V !! i have one and have no problems with it, sitting down or standing