ok so on my guitar, which has a rosewood fingerboard, there are these little white lines in it, as if the wood is contracting and its leaving small cracks in it. it isn't noticable unless your kind of close to it and i dont think i can get pics cuz it might not show up on it. i live in colorado, and its winter, so could this be because of the air being dry and it being cold? would a humidifier help?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by TacoPaco9317 at Feb 21, 2007,
I don't know, but next time you change your strings, grab some Lemon Oil from your local guitar shop, or order some online. Wipe your fretboard off a bit with it. It'll clean it up.
Then perhaps also some fingerboard conditioner?
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=29699

As far as humidfiers, I don't know much about the cold weather, but....Perhaps...http://www.zzounds.com/item--GDFHE360

EDIT: Did you at all consider the connotations of your thread title?
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Feb 21, 2007,
i thought you masturbated on your guitar lol
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
i thought you masturbated on your guitar lol

I knew someone would say it, I didn't want to be the one though.
wow i didnt see that one cumming...............

lol
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
You get something similar on maple, but with maple its darker (in comparison to the wood)....I think its just the grime and dirt left over after you play for awhile.
I just bought a new Schecter C1+, and I have the same issue. In fact, Guitar Center told me "just use some lemon oil on this and it will will probably come out". I tried lemon oil a couple of times but after a couple of days, it just comes back.

Perhaps this is common in some Schecters?? I love this thing but the white stuff in the grain annoys the hell out of me.

Schecter C1+
POS 80's Peavy 60W to be replaced w/LIne 6 Spider III 75W ... soon
My epiphone has the same stuff all over it, the guy I bought it from said its no biggie

tried lemon oil and didn't help too much