Poll: 2way footswitch or 3way flickswitch
Poll Options
View poll results: 2way footswitch or 3way flickswitch
2 input foot switch
1 50%
3 input hand switch
1 50%
Voters: 2.
Looking for ideas for a foot controlled unit that can switch between three different inputs into to go into one output.

obv theres no footswitch with 3 **THROWS**, so how could it be done? I was thinking of a SPST footswitch to "trigger" an IC into switching to the next output? Dno about the practicallities of this.

Passive and Active suggestions welcomed. Schematics would be helpful!

EDIT---
ive added a poll, see this is for a friend with 3 basses and i dunno whther the ability to use 3 inputs outweighs the inconvenience of having to reach to flick a 3 way hand switch. click if u cba.
Last edited by bassetrox at Feb 21, 2007,
Quote by bassetrox
obv theres no footswitch with 3 poles, so how could it be done?

I think you mean there's no footswitch with 3 throws. There are footswitches with 3 and even 4 poles.

I think a hand switch would be the best option, since he's already putting down one bass and picking up another, the couple of seconds it takes to flick that switch is nothing.

Another option would be to have a separate on-off switch for each input. You could also use footswitches that way.
Quote by indrek13
I think you mean there's no footswitch with 3 throws. There are footswitches with 3 and even 4 poles.

I did yeah 'pologies, ill edit the original post

Quote by indrek13

Another option would be to have a separate on-off switch for each input. You could also use footswitches that way.

yeah i thought about that, but ouch that would cost quite a bit.

cheers
Last edited by bassetrox at Feb 21, 2007,
^not really. just 4 jacks, 3 switches, total maybe 20 bucks. Wire each to the output with a switch. set it up so of it is grounded and on it is on. the signal goes to the middle.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
^not really. just 4 jacks, 3 switches, total maybe 20 bucks. Wire each to the output with a switch. set it up so of it is grounded and on it is on. the signal goes to the middle.

maybe its my components source, but it costs me about £5 GB (maybe $9-10 USD) a footswitch :s. I havent found sources like mouser.com to be cost effective with p&p either.

thats why i say ouch!
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
How about passive simplicity, umm..

Or simply unplug the cable and put it in a different bass.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Feb 21, 2007,