is the nj beast a good guitar if you changed the pickups? if so wht are good versitile pickups?
BC Rich NJ series are good gutiars, and they come with pretty decent pickups. I'd say to give the pickups a chance before deciding to replace them.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The BC rich is a waste of money for the quality. You can get much better for the price. EMG's are good. but don't get a useless guitar with looks to put new pickups its stupid... Its a waste of time and money... trust me... SLIPKNOT dosint use BC rich anymore cause they suck. and no worries they did change a bit more than the pickups :P
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
ESP Standard Horizon NT II transparent Cherry
the NJ series are good, the pups they come with are decent as they are.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The pickups on the nj series are good, but they're not great. I'd switch em....

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
Quote by Jayps Inimical
The BC rich is a waste of money for the quality. You can get much better for the price. EMG's are good. but don't get a useless guitar with looks to put new pickups its stupid... Its a waste of time and money... trust me... SLIPKNOT dosint use BC rich anymore cause they suck. and no worries they did change a bit more than the pickups :P

Dude, you're an idiot.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Well, I have the NT Beast, I don't know if it's the same with a name change or what else xD
I changed the pickups for EMG's and it sounds quite nice. Not very versatile (I only used it with my old black metal band), but quite good for metal.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
i wouldnt buy a rich'... just me though, some like em' some don't. as for pickups... jb / 59 ?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
They get a really bad reputation based on the Bronze, Sig, Platinum, Body Art, and Platinum Pro series, which are all VERY substandard when compared to other comparably priced guitars. And it seems that 95% of BC Rich you see in store or in the actual hands of players (generally, noobs) are these shìt models.

But when you get to the NJ and NT series and above, you actually have a quality instrument. Say what you want about body shapes (I hate most of them myself), but in terms of quality they're excellent guitars with hardware and electronics on par or better than most other comparably priced guitars. The majority of people who bash BC Rich have never actually played anything other than the shìtty models and paint the entire brand name based on that. That's like playing an LTD M-50 and claiming all ESPs are shìt based on that one, bottom-of-the-line starter guitar.

straight up slipknot went to ibanez because it was a better guitar suited for vol 3 man i have a mick thompson warlock and the thing kicks my ass everytime i play it
Breakin shit since 87
Quote by Crunchmeister
They get a really bad reputation based on the Bronze, Sig, Platinum, Body Art, and Platinum Pro series, which are all VERY substandard when compared to other comparably priced guitars. And it seems that 95% of BC Rich you see in store or in the actual hands of players (generally, noobs) are these shìt models.

But when you get to the NJ and NT series and above, you actually have a quality instrument. Say what you want about body shapes (I hate most of them myself), but in terms of quality they're excellent guitars with hardware and electronics on par or better than most other comparably priced guitars. The majority of people who bash BC Rich have never actually played anything other than the shìtty models and paint the entire brand name based on that. That's like playing an LTD M-50 and claiming all ESPs are shìt based on that one, bottom-of-the-line starter guitar.

You sir, are a smart man.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION