^

yes, but you would need to take the guitar apart and install bracing. which would make it sound crap, due to materials/body size. just don't do it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
you can put acoustic strings on, it jus sounds reallly sharp,
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by AshDoro
you can put acoustic strings on, it jus sounds reallly sharp,

Didn't you just read anything above you? The increased tension of steel strings would snap the neck. Many classical guitars don't have a truss rod. At the very least, it would probably bow the neck pretty bad, and it be pretty unplayable.
^ That will cause the neck to bow like nobody's business.

A majority of classical guitars aren't build with truss rods, and at the very least have a strip of harder wood to act like a truss rod. This is because nylon strings have very little tension compared to the steel string acoustic strings.
 |Classical | Steel stinged |
E|  7.08 kg |   10.57 kg    |
B|  5.12 kg |   10.57 kg    |
G|  5.23 kg |   13.70 kg    |
D|  7.55 kg |   13.83 kg    |
A|  6.79 kg |   13.56 kg    |
E|  6.27 kg |   11.79 kg    |

Total (Classical, .28-.43)    | 38.04 kilograms of tension
Total (Steel String, .12-.53) | 74.02 kilograms of tension

Both are very standard guages of strings for each guitar.

EDIT: There's 35.96 kilogram difference in tension. Almost an 80 pound difference.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 21, 2007,
I have steel strings on my nylon acoustic.. It's holding up okay for about 6 months now. It has ZERO tuning stability though. It's only a 3/4 though so maybe since it's shorter that gives it a bit more strength.
It will cause a "bump" in the soundboard and the soundboard will tend to dip in towards the soundhole. Not to mention any problems with the neck

In short, not a good idea.