Page 1 of 2
Hi. i was thinking about getting a new amp and decided to get a fender blues junior. however, ive been seeing lots of threads on orange amps, and i saw the tiny terror being mentioned. now i cant seem to choose between either amps, seeing as the local music store has closed and i would have to travel really far to get to the nearest, which, i believe, don't sell fender BJ's. i play a lot of blues, funk and rock. any suggestions on what i should get? thanks in advance.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
personally, id say the Tiny Terror because i am obsessed with orange amps...there are some Tiny Terror clips here if thats any help ot you http://www.orangeamps.com/forumtest/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3528
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
i prefer the tiny terror as it has a muh better OD sound than the blues Junior, and in your case would probably be better suited for you if you play a lot of rock.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
hmm, ive been leaning towards the orange a bit too, although i play alot more funk and blues than rock. i also have a DS-2, which would be alright with the BJ. does anyone know any cabs for the tiny terror?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
If you can get the Blues Jr., then you don't need to buy a cab, as you would need to with the Tiny Terror. However, I do find the Orange to be a better amp. It's really your call. Get the combo that costs less and doesn't need a cab, or the better sounding (IMO) head that requires a cab.
Quote by rhcp_freak
hmm, ive been leaning towards the orange a bit too, although i play alot more funk and blues than rock. does anyone know any cabs for the tiny terror?

Any of the orange cabs would be good, it can be played through most cabs since it's only 15 watts
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
im a bit of a noob when it comes to cabs, but could it be played through a different cab, like a marshall, or played through a combo amp?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
cool. has anyone got any links to decent, not necessarily expensive cabs to go with it?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
that looks like a decent cab. how good is the tiny terrors clean tone? ive heard the overdirve is great, but im looking for something clean, seeing as i have a DS-2 already.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Their good cabs from what I hear so..
Am, well you have to roll down your volume on guitar to get clean, seeing as its a single channel! Tbh I would only use the Ds-2 as a boost and nothing more!
how good would the orange be in getting a tone that suits Hendrix, Frusciante, Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan? cos if i have enough money, i'll get one of them.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Well easily hendrix, Clapton, SVR and would be able to do Frusciante. Distortion should be a prob really but the cleans would involve volume roll down UNLESS you have a Lp lol.. They are reallt good for the money like. The Blues Jr imo doesnt have good distortion and just decent cleans bridgin good) but thats because fender are just for cleans (bar the one or two)
So Orange beats it hands down!
Quote by rhcp_freak
how good would the orange be in getting a tone that suits Hendrix, Frusciante, Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan? cos if i have enough money, i'll get one of them.

I honestly think the Fender might do those artists better. They're all Strat men.

I don't know what the prices are in the UK, but the Tiny Terror and a decent cab would run you twice as much money as the BJ here in the States. If you're willing to extend your budget so far, you may want to look into higher end Fender's. They're great blues amps.

The Vox AC15 would probably serve you well, too.

Not to steer you away from the Orange, I'm looking into getting one myself. I want that classic rock sound, and I love the fact that it's switchable to 7W. For less money, though, the BJ has more features.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I honestly think the Fender might do those artists better. They're all Strat men.

I don't know what the prices are in the UK, but the Tiny Terror and a decent cab would run you twice as much money as the BJ here in the States. If you're willing to extend your budget so far, you may want to look into higher end Fender's. They're great blues amps.

Orange are english so they would be cheaper (Well..lol..) Well a higher end fender would beat it yeah, but he cant go higher so.. I stand by my suggestion anywho, try and play them tho! They are sorta opposites in one way, the orange is alot darker that the fender!
orange cost around £150ish here for an orange cab with it. if i could find a cheaper cab, i would take the orange.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
They're very different amps, I've got the Blues Jr, and played a Tiny Terror for a few hours.

The Blues Jr's cleans are full and fat sounding, and sounds nice when overdriven, and the Tiny terror has amazing thick crunchy OD of it's own and it's clean channel is nice too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
so anymore suggestions on what would suit Hendrix, SRV, Frusciante and Clapton?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
also what would be more versatile out of the two?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
sorry for the triple post, but has anyone got an answer?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I just listened to a bunch of clips on the TT and it seems more versatile. I dont really like the clean tone though.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Modded VJ. MODDED VJ!!! It'd be a lot cheaper too
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
lol, i need something louder, and how the hell dyou mod one?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
lol, i need something louder, and how the hell dyou mod one?

Kerry has a whole thread on it in GB&C. 5w tube is pretty freaking loud dude when it's cranked (the only way to play it IMO)
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i didnt really want to get an amp i have to mod. i mimght still get it though, but it only has a volume control, so i probably wont. i think i should get the blues junior, seeing as i need cleans more.

EDIT: i just took a test on my favourite colour, and it ended up as orange so maybe i might change my mind.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 22, 2007,
Well, I play Hendrix, Clapton and Frusciante stuff on my Blues Jr all the time, it's pretty much perfect for me with a good fuzz and OD pedal.
Don't be afraid to care"

well the Blues Jr seems to suit my needs better, so i probably would end up with one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Obviously try a load of different amps though, you could end up finding one you like better.
Don't be afraid to care"

but i can't try them out, ill try to find a place where i can, but for now, thats been the only problem.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
You're in London! There's loads of guitar shops there!
Don't be afraid to care"

well yeah, but im in hounslow, i cant drive, i have hardly any free time, so yeah, it would be difficult. i will try though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i think ill get the BJ, because the orange sounds good on gain, but ive heard bad things about its cleans.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
You have an excellent taste in music my friend

Out of those two I'd get the Fender because of the amazing cleans, but I would rather have a VOX. Listen to some VOX AC15 soundclips.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
come to think of it, i was gonna get an AC15. if i could find it cheaper than the BJ, id get that. thanks for reminding me about the vox. and thanks for your comment on my musical tastes

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
^It would, but not very well. The cleans and low gain aren't anything special really.
Look for a used Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker, loud, but perfect for what you want.
Don't be afraid to care"

will do. the only thing is, i can only go upto £380ish.

EDIT: what would be better for me, the vox ac15cc1, or the fender BJ?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 22, 2007,
Page 1 of 2