Ok now first of all I have finally found someone willing to buy my marshall mg100(head and cab) for £300 (a rip off i know but its me or them at the end of the day)
Now thanks to this I will have some money to purchase a new amp. My prefered price range would be £350 and/or under however I may be willing to stretch to £450 if it's worth it but strictly no higher than that.
I'm looking for a good tube combo for playing Satch/Vai stuff, also blues and classic/hard rock (e.g GnR, AC/DC etc)
The amps I've had my eye on recently are the Vox AD50VT/AD100VT, Peavey Valveking 112/212 and maybe a Marshall DSL401. So I'm just wondering what all of your opinions are of these amps for what I play and what (if any) others I should take a look at.
Cheers
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Imo dsl is the best out of what you named.. I think you could nearly get a used Jcm 800 if you look pretty hard! Would really be worth it!
I say try the ones you metioned including a Fallen Angel I guess, and try looking for a Jcm 800!
Fallen Angels are still around and nice and cheap - the FA50 was a £500 amp 6 months ago,you can pick them up for about £350 now.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Ok now first of all I have finally found someone willing to buy my marshall mg100(head and cab) for £300 (a rip off i know but its me or them at the end of the day)

(EDIT: sigged)

related to the stuff that you play, I'd say peavey windsor if you can find a decent used cab for around £100...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 21, 2007,
Thanks chaps
I'll be sure to have a gander at the Fallen Angel (a load have just been brought in to my guitar shop)
Dave_Mc I have sort of had my eye on the Peavey Windsor aswell but as I'm only playing at home for the moment I don't want another half stack for a while.
P.s. I was actually gonna sell the mg for £200 but a mate in work today said he has a mate willing to pay £300 for "mount horse sh*t" as I like to call it. So I thought to myself "shall I accept the offer and be gone with my tone problems forever, rotting in hell for all eternity for unleashing this upon another human?" then 1 millisecond later I accepted
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
^ you could always go peavey windsor and 2x12 cab. wouldn't be much bigger than a combo. but you'd need to get a good deal on a cab, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^So what? You'll be in hell, but at least you'll have a good tone

I also realised I inadvertently invented a new Ashdown amp...I meant the FA60!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
^^So what? You'll be in hell, but at least you'll have a good tone

I also realised I inadvertently invented a new Ashdown amp...I meant the FA60!

exactly mate yeh I knew what you meant anyway so don't worry bout it.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ you could always go peavey windsor and 2x12 cab. wouldn't be much bigger than a combo. but you'd need to get a good deal on a cab, unfortunately.

Yeh man thats the only other thing I could think of. In my local guitar shop they have the head for £350 and the cab for £200. But anyway I'm gonna be on the look out for some deals over the next month or 2 and try out a range of amps and just go from there like
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
never heard of ashdown or fallen angel.

peaveys are ok but my cousin's peavy exploded for being a little too loud
Quote by Act
never heard of ashdown or fallen angel.

Fallen Angel is a series of Ashdown amps. I think they're discontinued now though
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15