As the title of this thread suggests, the reverb on my amp is dead.
It's a Peavey Classic 50, that I got used. It's worked fine for the past couple years that I owned it, and the previous owner did not have any problems with it either. It was just recently re-tubed, as those had started to go and needed replacing.
I have no idea how to fix it, or what could have killed it. It gets a lot of heavy use, but doesn't get banged around much.
Anybody out there know what's wrong with it?
All help is much appreciated.
if it stopped working after the tube change, make sure none of the wires to the reverb tank(assuming spring reverb) got disconnected when they changed tubes. I've heard of solder joints coming loose in the tanks too, if you are handy with solder. Spring reverb is actually springs inside that metal box at the bottom of the amp. You can order new reverb tanks too that should be easy to replace, although I haven't shopped around for them, so I don't know much about price or availability.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
if you can get it out of the amp safely, and open it without breaking anything, it should be fine to take a look at it. There are literally springs in there. The things you want to avoid on amps are the large capacitors in the actual amp circuit, since these can carry lethal voltages even after the amp is off. Just don't go poking around in the amp circuit, and you should be fine.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well, when I get off work tonight I'll give it a shot, then post the results. In the event of my death due to electrocution, well, I guess I won't.