Just curious, anyone ever heard the difference or am i just a vintage sound enthuthiased???

would anyone else be willing to pay 500 just for an original...?
Original had germanium electronics, or some part of it. The hardware was different and yes, its different. Why not buy it, its an investment. It won't ever lose value if you think, so you can always get what you paid for it (atleast) back.
just what i wanted to hear.... i was starting to sway the way of just buying a new one... haaa
You can get great clones of the original, I've got a clone (Roger Mayer).
If you're talking about getting a Dunlop reissue, don't.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Dunlop reissues are awful. The Analogman NKT275 is the last word in fuzz face clones. Fulltone makes a good one too.
Personally, I think you can do more with your $500 by spending it on new boutique pedals, but if you're OCD for that genuine vintage tone, you shouldn't cheat yourself. You'll just wind up getting it anyway.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
So what you guys are saying is either get the real deal, or go with the roger mayer.... the roger mayer looks really intriguing.... i think i might end up with that.
Try it out, I've got one and I'm in love with it, brilliant pedal.
I was considering the Axis Fuzz or Classic Fuzz, I found them both (luckily in the same shop) and played them side by side and chose the Classic one. It's great, and reacts really well to your volume knob and it cleans up beautifully.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30