Hey guys, I currently have a Vox AD30VT and am thinking of upgrading. The reason being that I've saved up around £300. Do you think I should upgrade or stick with the Vox? Could you reccomend me some (hopefully Valve/Tube) amps at around £300 (550USD) that I could buy quite easily in the UK. I could maybe strecth to around £400 but I'm not sure. I'd really like an amp for the clean tones - I play blues/indie/alt rock/classic rock etc...

Thanks in advance!
If you can stretch to £400 and dont mind searching for a while you might be able to pick up a second-hand Marshall JCM 800 or JCM 2000 1x12 combo for about that. For the kinda stuff you wanna play there probably gonna be good for you sound wise
well there is Carvin. The MTS3200 and the V3 are great but, i don't know if you can cover the roll over. I got my MTS on ebay and some ship overseas, it's a phenomenal amp. New it goes for$600 USD but, shipping would be the cost issue. It's quite the versatile amp though so it may be worth it being that you can use it for anything.
laney vc30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Blues Junior + decent overdrive pedal.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
fender makes good amps and fits most price ranges,ive been playing my twin reverb for years and wouldnt do with out it!
Sound City - best cleans ever.
It'll give you a really good classic rock and blues sound IMO, and whats better is that my 1973 SC head and a 2x12 cabinet with new Vintage 30s cost me under £400. Only thing I can say is that they are damn loud, and you really have to crank them for the valves to being to break up. They also have no drive channel, so you'll need a pedal (or something to push the valves with a bit more).
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Are there any Marshall Combo's nowdays that are JCM800 based, and are standard JCM800 heads still being produced?
Marshall makes the JCM 2000 DSL combo (40w) and TSL (60w). They also came out with the JVM's, but those are EXPENSIVE. You can still find a JCM 800 combo used easily. And they have reissued the JCM800 heads.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Sound City - best cleans ever.
It'll give you a really good classic rock and blues sound IMO, and whats better is that my 1973 SC head and a 2x12 cabinet with new Vintage 30s cost me under £400. Only thing I can say is that they are damn loud, and you really have to crank them for the valves to being to break up. They also have no drive channel, so you'll need a pedal (or something to push the valves with a bit more).

I'll deffinitely look into them. I can't find many SC head's on ebay though.

And thanks for the suggestions so far guys.
Does anyone have any experience with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe? I might be able to get one second hand for £400...
Quote by ozzie987
Are there any Marshall Combo's nowdays that are JCM800 based, and are standard JCM800 heads still being produced?

there's a reissue, but it's dear. and a lot of people say the old ones are better.

Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Does anyone have any experience with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe? I might be able to get one second hand for £400...

good cleans, but poor overdrive. Unless you only need a good clean tone, and never use OD, I'd look elsewhere, to be honest. EDIT: they're also expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You've GOT to get all Tube. Marshall for harder Rock..... I would also suggest the Vox AC30 w/ Blue Alnico's. Depends on your budget. I LOVE my Marshall.....now that it's been tweaked...... but my Vox AC30 Head and CAb kicks it's A$$ when it comes to Tone. Nothings going to sound perfect at first.... everything needs a little adjusting. But Vox/Marshall.... and actually it sounds crazy but the Peavey Classic 30 Head sounds Really good too....and for around $550.00 you can't beat that. Believe it or not the Cab/Speaker set up is just as important as what Head or Combo you choose. So play the dog-sh*t out of a few amps and set ups at a store and go with what jumps out at you.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
^ +1 on cab/speaker being important.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney VC30 is exactly £300.
Peavey Classic goes for about £400 (Not good considering it's about $500 in the US.)
RANDALL RG-50 TC is about £360
So is the Vox AC15
i personally have a hot rod deluxe, and sure enough i wouldn't use either of the drive channels. at all. ever. except if i was a horribly mushy indistinct sound and run a load of pedals into it so it sounds like hell

i believe theres a use for every sound

but a decent od / fuzz into the clean channel sounds sweet, i like it.

only improvement i would make is rip out the gain channels with a pair of pliers
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I'll deffinitely look into them. I can't find many SC head's on ebay though.

I've got mine all wired up and working now, so I can always send you sound clips or whatever if you want.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.