as the title says, i want to learn some easy but still fun and exciting blues licks. ive been playing guitar for about 8 months and have been primarily working on classic rock stuff, i.e floyd, zeppelin, hendrix, beatles, that sort of stuff. im asking for something someone of my short playing time can handle. thanks all.
well voodoo child by jimi hendrix is pretty fun to learn, layla acoustic by clapton is also fun...wish you were here and comfortably numb are fun to learn by floyd

also check out some srv
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
BB King. BB King tunes are quite easy to play since he's got a slow hand. He's not really fast (in fact, not at all) like Stevie Ray or the others. The only real problem with playing in the style of BB King, is that you need to have a tone like him, which is hard to accomplish (else you can't achieve playing in his style) and you need to work a shitload on vibrato.

Fast tunes might be difficult for you.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I would recommend ROBBEn Ford,hes one of the best out there EVER and i was privileged to see him play live in NYC 2x,phenomenal!,chk his website www.robben ford.com for concert dates/bio/songs,if like many you never heard of him YOU NEED TO START LISTENING,hes primarily blues with strong jazz influences;hes the master in my opinion,no one touches his phrasing,timing and guitar virtuosity.
i assume that you are fully aware of the minor pentatonic (blues) scale? learn that, in say the key of A and all of the various runs on the neck in that key, that will be a great start to blues licks. once you have mastered that key, move on to others.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
check out kenny wayne shepherd...electric blues but def..minor pent scale...as said before..learn the scale...and listen to as much blues as possible...i use the blues channel on cable tv..record the ones i like then work on copying the licks...also check out the many blues licks cds out there(this one will cost youbut the tv idea wont)
hehe funny, both robben ford and kenny wayne shepherd held guitar clinics at my school a few weeks ago.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
UG has a great "blues tutorial" sort of video. It's got a few licks (which are very easy) and a pretty good backing track.

Have a LOOK.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?