If it has a country feel to it, blame it on my being in Athens GA for the last few days.

I’m seeing Jesus on the back of a truck

Staring down through the crack in my glass

Radio’s on, someone’s singing a song

That says Jesus saves, if I ask

Got a friend who found God in the changing of leaves

Another in the songs of old men

There’ve been times in my life that God has found me

Looks like He’s done it again.

It’s said that fortune favors the fool

Lord knows I’ve been foolish enough

I holding out hope these days that’s its true

For a fool who sees Jesus on trucks

Seems like I’m always on some lonesome road

Half way between promise and regret

I’ve been high, I’ve been hurt, I’ve been poor as dirt

And done plenty I’d like to forget
wow.
im not usually huge on religious pieces and this wan't a complete religious piece but more so one of just being found like you said, but i liked it a lot.
probably one of my favorite pieces ive read on here in awhile, mainly cause of how well written it was.
nice 9/10
Quote by rushmore
wow.
im not usually huge on religious pieces and this wan't a complete religious piece but more so one of just being found like you said, but i liked it a lot.
probably one of my favorite pieces ive read on here in awhile, mainly cause of how well written it was.
nice 9/10

Thanks so much. This was more about being in the South, where you can't drive a mile without seeing the words "Jesus Saves" at least three times. I'm not very religious, myself, but it just felt right.

I did see Jesus on a truck, though. There was an image in the dirty back of a truck that looked like that statue you see of him standing with his arms open.
Yeah, this was great, I normally do not like country music, Exempt: George Straight, His lyrics are madness.

I think this would be good, you should make a chord progression for it, I would like to see how this turns out. I myself have been considering different styles. I have tried a power ballad, A death metal, and a classical guitar meets thrash metal meets 14th century europe lyric feel, that was turned metal after origional a classical song.

I think that the flow to your song is wonderful, it does have a country feel, and as I am not to great at criting a song of this sort, I do see this being a popular song. sell it to someone!

Anyhow, here is a link to my latest piece, You can check it out if you like, It is called, "And Peace Shall Sleep" https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526904
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
Quote by Deluster
Yeah, this was great, I normally do not like country music, Exempt: George Straight, His lyrics are madness.

I think this would be good, you should make a chord progression for it, I would like to see how this turns out. I myself have been considering different styles. I have tried a power ballad, A death metal, and a classical guitar meets thrash metal meets 14th century europe lyric feel, that was turned metal after origional a classical song.

I think that the flow to your song is wonderful, it does have a country feel, and as I am not to great at criting a song of this sort, I do see this being a popular song. sell it to someone!

Anyhow, here is a link to my latest piece, You can check it out if you like, It is called, "And Peace Shall Sleep" https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526904

Awww you guys are awesome. I already sent the lyrics to the person I was visiting in Athens who's putting a CD project together. So far there are three of mine he'll be using on the project.

And I promise to check you out when I get home tonight. One of the dangers of writing songs at your desk is that you don't have much time to peruse other's work.

Alright, And Congratulations on your songs being chosen!
Quote by Leybick

you're going to try and tell me girls don't piss out of their asses?

Gear:
Agile AL-3100 Gold-top Les Paul
Vox Valvtronix 15 watt
Quote by Mistress Alia
If it has a country feel to it, blame it on my being in Athens GA for the last few days.

I’m seeing Jesus on the back of a truck

Staring down through the crack in my glass

Radio’s on, someone’s singing a song

That says Jesus saves, if I ask

i liked every thing except last line dont know why
may be try something like

that says jesus will save me , if i'll ask(or save us if we'll ask) i think it will add much more meaning

Got a friend who found God in the changing of leaves

Another in the songs of old men

There’ve been times in my life that God has found me

Looks like He’s done it again.

It’s said that fortune favors the fool

Lord knows I’ve been foolish enough

I holding out hope these days that’s its true

For a fool who sees Jesus on trucks

i liked it dnt change anything

Seems like I’m always on some lonesome road

Half way between promise and regret

I’ve been high, I’ve been hurt, I’ve been poor as dirt

And done plenty I’d like to forget

really good i liked it alot

overall good song it flows gr8 i liked everything except what i mentioned but hey thats me best of luck for future songs
Hi