I've been trying to learn this God of all songs for a while now, but I just can't get it. Has anyone got any tips for it, such as songs that I should learn that are similar but easier, before I start learning this (possibly). Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I haven't been able to learn it yet either so I have just been strumming the chords over the arpeggios. I'm not sure where you're at as a guitarist but I just found this site the other day and I've been havin' fun with it. I sort of skipped learning chords when I first picked up the axe and now I'm trying to take them more seriously, this site is helping. www.nextlevelguitar.com Don't register, the video lessons are free!

LATER
If you know your chords it's a doddle, if you don't know them that well then it's tricky and seems kind of abstract. The main problem with Hotel California is that there's never less than 3 guitar parts, and to be honest none of them really sound right on their own. In the likely situation of not having another 2 guitarists at your beck and call your best bet is really to just strum the chords and pick out certain notes or arpeggiate bits to make it sound more interesting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I never did learn the song myself though. I just play the chords instead and strum once and pick whatever feels right after tat. Its not accurate but its good enough as long as no one is listening to the song while I play.

Another tip is to trasnpose the chords to a set which is easier to learn(like down one step so B becomes A and F becomes E etc...) which makes it sound a little different but its much easier to play.

once you can do those, then try working ur way up
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Doesn't really work, seeing as the lowest chord is a low E anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That website really is good, I should manage to get that cracked with a bit of practice. How about the solo, dare I ask?
I don't think the solo is extremely difficult as long as you can be consistent with your bends and stuff. With some solid practice I think its within reach of most people who have been playin for a little while at least. There are some pretty good tabs for it on here.
I got the intro/verse/chorus chords and strumming pattern down in a few days after id been playing for about a year. Its not that hard once you get to know the chord progessions, but steven seagull is right, this isnt a song to be played well by one guitarist.
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II