Page 1 of 2
Okay, anyone know any good excersises for the chest muscles? I got pretty good arms, but my chest is really weak. Well?

You thought this was about boobs, didn't you?
Yes I did think it was about boobies.

Doesn't explain why I clicked on it though... :S
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
that was a fabulous thread title...

that is all.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Id recommend pressups, or bench pressing
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
lol, who didnt think it was about boobs.

You can have a strong chest?

Yes i am an unfit, muscle n00b
Aren't there any bodyweight excersises? Pushups don't seem to be working, or am I doing them wrong? Both hands slightly over shoulder width apart, tips of fingers are just over shoulder height.
Quote by CoreysMonster
as in, pushups? I've been doing them, but they seem to effect my arms more than my chest.

Spread your arms further apart when doing push ups, this will work out your chest and shoulders. If you place your arms further together then you'd be working out your triceps. There are a lot of variations.

Bench pressing works very well too.
Running also helps...but also do some stretching, I duno about you guys, But it works wonders for me...My boobs are gone and I can be called a guy again
No rly?

Ya rly.
goto a ****ing gym, ask the ****ing gym instructor!!

crunches work though... dont know what its exactly called.. but its like a shoulder crunch or chest crunch or something.. just goto the gym!! and push-ups do make ur chest stronger too.. it makes ur arms strong, but works on ur chest muscles too..

and i dont think girls prefer guys with big chests... i dunno, i might be wrong and it might just be my g/f then...
Quote by af_the_fragile

and i dont think girls prefer guys with big chests... i dunno, i might be wrong and it might just be my g/f then...

and not all guys like big boobs.

WAIT?! Did i just say that?!
Keep doing push-ups. If you Move your arms further apart you work your chest a lot more. (Opposite works for arms... Make a "Diamond" with your hands, and do push-ups to target your arms.
Quote by Myxamatosis
and not all guys like big boobs.

WAIT?! Did i just say that?!

i dont like big boobs... i rather go for the smaller ones.. not bigger than D... Jessica Alba boob size is the ideal boob size for me...
The only body-weight exercise i can think of is the push up. If you are only working your triceps spread your hands apart so you are working more of the pecs.
Pushups will not build you the mass you want. Pushups are an exercise that people can naturally do a large amount of (more than 12). When you do that amount you're exercising the endurance of the chest muscles. Exercising endurance will only tone the muscles and if they grow it will only be slight growth. The best exercises for growing the chest are bench press with a heavy weight, 3 sets and dumbell flies. Flies are an exercise that will work the chest without working any part of the arms except for slight bicep work. Flies resemble bench presses but the arms stay straight and only swing out to the side then back up to in front of you. Try this out it WILL work in a couple weeks.
Haha, I was about to make a thread like this, except that my boobs are too big and flabby and I'm looking to tone. How effective is bench pressing? And how many reps should I be doing?
Quote by Necronomicon
Pushups will not build you the mass you want. Pushups are an exercise that people can naturally do a large amount of (more than 12). When you do that amount you're exercising the endurance of the chest muscles. Exercising endurance will only tone the muscles and if they grow it will only be slight growth. The best exercises for growing the chest are bench press with a heavy weight, 3 sets and dumbell flies. Flies are an exercise that will work the chest without working any part of the arms except for slight bicep work. Flies resemble bench presses but the arms stay straight and only swing out to the side then back up to in front of you. Try this out it WILL work in a couple weeks.

yeah, i've been doing flies, with only 5kg weights though :P
My problem is, I have no money to go to the gym regularly. But thanks for the pushup-help.
is there any way to work out the abs aside from sit ups thats dosent include buying like a full gym set cuz I cant do sit ups or crunchs with out my back hurtin like hell aftwerwards
Do the following workout...

Squats - 2 sets of 20 repitions for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks 3x6 - ass to grass
Bench Press - same as above - touch your chest
Dead Lift - same as above
incline bench press - same as above - touch your chest
shoulder press - same as above
Row - same as above, come to the belly button
Pulldowns - same as above, come to the base of your neck (front side)

You can't work your chest and no back/core without "turtling" which means your chest starts being pulled "inward" - shoulders come forward, it's not good.

If you can't get to the gym it's harder to add mass to your chest, especially with smaller weights. If possible workout at your school if they have a gym.

To work your core do your crunches on a mat, situps actually work your hips - go figure. Do side crunches also (work the sides of the abs - I forget the actual muscle name), take a pole and place it on your shoulders stand up and rotate the core, also can be done on the floor with a weight, kick your feet up and you rotate your core while balancing. Trying doing the board also - look that one up.
Last edited by klowntown101 at Feb 21, 2007,
Yes, I did, and still do, think this thread is about boobs.

I still do because... Why not just get yourself some boobs? Then no one will notice that you don't exactly have the nicest muscles.

-Teh Pat
-Teh Pat

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
One time I picked into my nuts. It hurt and needless to say it really ruined my song.
Quote by true_bacon22
is there any way to work out the abs aside from sit ups thats dosent include buying like a full gym set cuz I cant do sit ups or crunchs with out my back hurtin like hell aftwerwards

There are leg raises... just lay flat on the floor and raised your legs right into the air. If your back hurts after doing crunches and sit-ups you might be doing them wrong?...or your back just sucks (no offense).

edit: another thing you can do are these breathing exercises that i read on the internet a while ago. Breathe out all the air in your lungs when your done push your stomach out and flex (hold for 15 seconds, then breathe before you pass out). After that breathe out all the air in your lungs and suck your stomach in as much as you can (hold for 15 seconds likewise).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Feb 21, 2007,
Quote by jallas

I'm pretty sure it does.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by metal4all
There are leg raises... just lay flat on the floor and raised your legs right into the air. If your back hurts after doing crunches and sit-ups you might be doing them wrong?...or your back just sucks (no offense).

Ya my back does suck but is there anything else I should know about leg raises breathing etc
Quote by true_bacon22
Ya my back does suck but is there anything else I should know about leg raises breathing etc

I just made an edit and added another exercise if you want to see it as well.

For breathing I'm very sure that you breathe out when you raise your legs and breathe in when you let them down. I'm pretty sure that goes for all exercises as well (breathe out when exerting most force).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'm pretty sure it does.

Well no, cos I'm not interested in peoples boobs, tbh.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Bench press, decline bench press, incline bench press, flies (regular and also decline and incline) Dumbell presses.....the possibilities are endless....

And I prefer 3 sets of 6-8 reps except on the big 3 (bench, deadlift, and squat) which I prefer to do 5X5

-Combs-

Member of the No-Testicle Club! PM gangster-dolly to join!

Founder of the 'I'm Abstaining From Sex Until Marriage And Damn Proud Of It!' Club. PM me to join!
Quote by Myxamatosis
Spread your arms further apart when doing push ups, this will work out your chest and shoulders. If you place your arms further together then you'd be working out your triceps. There are a lot of variations.

Bench pressing works very well too.

+1

This guy knows
Chest exercises?

I'll make something up off the top of my head real quick try this it should work, 3x a week, Back and Chest workout.

Superset these exercises, alternate each set with a set of the paired exercise with little to no break.

WEEK 1
Bench press 3x10
Incline Dumbbell press 3x8

Incline Bench Press 3x10
Flat dumbbell press 3x8

Close-grip Bench Press 3x10
Dumbbell Flys 3x8

WEEK 2
Change each core lift from 3x10 to 4x6, leave each auxiliary lift at 3x8.

WEEK 3
Change core lift to 5x5, leave aux.

WEEK 4
Change core to 7x3, leave aux.

WEEK 5
Change core to 5x5, leave aux.

3x a week each week, space them out to allow time for recovery, pick up a tub of 100% Whey protein and drink as many shakes as you can. Get enough sleep and make sure to take vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids if possible.

PM me if you have any questions.
Quote by jallas

It's because you have a yearning to make love to a woman.
See if your school has a gym, if you are looking body weight exercises I can't be of much help without talking without any experience.
Quote by TheCliffofDover
See if your school has a gym, if you are looking body weight exercises I can't be of much help without talking without any experience.

I just wanna get rid of some fat, lol

my BMI reads 23.7, I wanna get that down.... well, not get it down.... I have a beer belly
Quote by af_the_fragile

Your girlfriend loves my big chest
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
lol, ive got a question too actually.

Baseball at my school is coming up and my coach says i need to bulk up a bit (yeah, for baseball, i know). The question i have is, should you eat more when you start lifting on a regular basis? Like, more protein or something?
Forgot what they're called. Lie on a bench, one weight in each hand held horizontally. You press them up, don't smack them together, and bring them back. Best exercise in existence.
Quote by true_bacon22

I do sit-ups on a pillow.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Page 1 of 2