I have a Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS. It has the thin "Nitrocellulose" paint on it that is supposed to wear easily and then the wood will shine through. How long will this take?

I have had the guitar since October and the employee at guitar center said that it would start to wear off within a month. I play a couple hours everyday so I'm starting to wander whats up with this. Please help.
then your not good enough for that guitar.
Looking for a new sig!
It depends on how rough you are with it. If you are hitting the body with the pick while playing or rubbing your arm on the forearm contour, that will help the finish wear away.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
I have a friend who's had a Highway 1 Strat for well over a year now and plays it pretty regularly live. There was no sign of wear on the finish that I noticed when I played it a couple of weeks ago.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yeah, that's an exaggeration. while it's not as durable as polyurethane, it'll last for years. the original strats from the 50s and 60s had nitro finishes, and most of them are just fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Just rub it down with sandpaper
#107 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.