Have any of you noticed the news that UG puts out, or decides to show? The news is increasingly the same as any other, senstationalized and superficial. "Thom Yorke Vs. Noel Gallagher", "Amy Lee Defends Britney Spears." Stuff like this keeps popping up. And whilst there is of course good news updating bands progress etc, there seems to be more and more of this celebrity drama style news around. After reading many of the comments posted after a news story like this is put out, it seems as though a lot of UG members are not only interested, but quite clearly passionate about the topics. Which then leads me to my next point; the news, the reaction from the people are exactly the same as what you'd see from people reading those celebrity magazines, except in a different context.
Anywho, something to ponder.
I don't really notice, or care. I've never read the news on here much, perhaps the occassional article but never enough to notice.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by sideperu
Have any of you noticed the news that UG puts out, or decides to show? The news is increasingly the same as any other, senstationalized and superficial. "Thom Yorke Vs. Noel Gallagher", "Amy Lee Defends Britney Spears." Stuff like this keeps popping up. And whilst there is of course good news updating bands progress etc, there seems to be more and more of this celebrity drama style news around. After reading many of the comments posted after a news story like this is put out, it seems as though a lot of UG members are not only interested, but quite clearly passionate about the topics. Which then leads me to my next point; the news, the reaction from the people are exactly the same as what you'd see from people reading those celebrity magazines, except in a different context.
Anywho, something to ponder.

You seem sorta surprised. OMG the news stories are liked by UG!! The world is comin to an EnDzOrZ!!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Yea i noticed, i read the articles everyday, well... the ones that interest me that is.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████