Page 1 of 3
i really dont get how so many people have the nerve to hate.
1. syn is better than you
2. yes he is. just because you practiced HIS song 100 million times and did it right once through doesn't mean you are as good. he WROTE all those riffs and solo, and is put on the spot constantly to play it flawlessly in one take.
3. refer to #1
4. his dad pwns you too. lol
Quote by tasty licks
2. yes he is. just because you practiced HIS song 100 million times and did it right once through doesn't mean you are as good. he WROTE all those riffs and solo, and is put on the spot constantly to play it flawlessly in one take.
3. refer to #1

1. your point?
2. do we care?
Quote by unholy_love
Uhh.. just to let everyone know. I like Synyster.. i dont hate'em.

I could've never guessed...

Get in my wok, you need to be stir fried.
Quote by unholy_love
Uhh.. just to let everyone know. I like Synyster.. i dont hate'em.

no i'm not confused. I'm just preparing for all the retards that are gonna come in here acting like they have more talent based on nothing.
Quote by tasty licks
3. refer to #1

huuuuuuuuur, No.

The guy is crap, he can't play cleanly and frequently plays random out of key notes. My arse are they played on purpose, the guy is crap and is in the music business because his dad is connected and kids love the look.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by tasty licks

Barely.
yes he is. just because you practiced HIS song 100 million times and did it right once through doesn't mean you are as good. he WROTE all those riffs and solo, and is put on the spot constantly to play it flawlessly in one take.
Flawlessly my ass.
3. refer to #1
Running out of arguments, no surprise there.
Ooooo, generic rock guitar player! Watch out!
he's nothing special

his dad can probably play a lot better than in the video, but all he played was power chords. syn can solo decently, but sloppy at times.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Synester Gates sucks. His dad is meh. Also, since when does your father being able to play guitar make his son automatically good? People are idiots.
rather than quote and pick apart your arguments individually, I'd just like to pose one universal question to everyone that hates on syn and Ax7. Can I please see you do better? Let me hear your album, or just one song. One solid song is all it will take for me to denounce this band and praise you as the deserving one of all the fame.
Quote by MetalHead_AP
Synester Gates sucks. His dad is meh. Also, since when does your father being able to play guitar make his son automatically good? People are idiots.

Im with you dude. I mean, i like synyster but just because his dad is good doesnt mean his son is.

And why do people judge guitarist on how good they play instead of hoiw good it sounds? I mean.. just look at punk stuff. To me it sounds good but its soooo easy to play.
Quote by tasty licks
rather than quote and pick apart your arguments individually, I'd just like to pose one universal question to everyone that hates on syn and Ax7. Can I please see you do better? Let me hear your album, or just one song. One solid song is all it will take for me to denounce this band and praise you as the deserving one of all the fame.

well, to pick apart your arguement, in my case at least, I believe that Synyster is OVERRATED, and definately not the next Petrucci, as some people have said.

Plus, that's stupid. Your reasoning is "if you can play better than them, then you're allowed to hate them." Fool. I hate them because I don't like the music. Now go away.
Quote by tasty licks

No one here needs to be any good at guitar to say Synyster is shit or they just don't like him. We can easily compare him to a myriad of guitarists out there. These kinds of arguments have so many flaws in them, it's frankly stupid they are able to last as long as they do. It's all opinion. You have opinion; I have opinion; everyone has opinion; no one's definately right; no one's definately wrong.
Quote by tasty licks

I'd like to but for reasons regarding this forum and me...

I've said too much already.
Quote by tasty licks
3. refer to #1

1. thats debatable
2. i doubt he did most of his stuff in one take, they are known to use a lot of studio techniques (i.e. cutting and pasting different takes of solos together) and he can never pull them off well live.
3.once again, thats debatable
4. not really.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by tasty licks
he WROTE all those riffs and solo, and is put on the spot constantly to play it flawlessly in one take.l

looks like somebody isn't very well informed about his idol - the guy admitted that he's not so good and he needs a bunch of practice to get the stuff down like its on the cd.

hope i didnt burst your bubble
Quote by tasty licks
3. refer to #1

1. I have to admit, I can't play guitar for shit, but my saxophone skills > His guitar skills
2. No, he really isnt. I could get his song in my first try, actually, I DID get his song in one try. By the way, he doesnt play it flawlessly, he's quite horrible live.
3. Refer to answer #1.
4. His dad being decent doesn't make him decent.

And Ill be honest, I do like some A7X stuff, but this guy is hugely overrated, he's not good at all.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
oh I never said he was the next Petrucci. Please. how can he be overrated when nobody gives him ANY credit? and you obviously do care because you're in this thread just looking to hate on something like a little pussy.
Quote by unholy_love

And why do people judge guitarist on how good they play instead of hoiw good it sounds? I mean.. just look at punk stuff. To me it sounds good but its soooo easy to play.

Doesn't sound good either...

And the guitar is a music instrument, if you didn't notice. It's subject to being expected to be played with skills.
@liberation...

so you can't play guitar for shit but you nailed the solo on the first try, you must have had the sheet music and about a decade of practice under your belt to do that perfectly. if you consider that playing like shit, I salute you.
My farts have more talent than synster gates.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
About that dude, AlreadyGone. I clicked on the Synyster sucks ass thing. I saw it.. how does that make him suck? Because he puts his thumb on the top strings. Seriously. Well, i guess kurt cobain sucks for his horrible techniques. and Jimi Hendrix for his techniques.
Quote by tasty licks
Please. how can he be overrated when nobody gives him ANY credit?

simple: lots of people give him credit.
He is very hit and miss, but he is good.

The Total Guitar lessons are shit though....
Still, I think he is awesome!
Quote by tasty licks
oh I never said he was the next Petrucci. Please. how can he be overrated when nobody gives him ANY credit? and you obviously do care because you're in this thread just looking to hate on something like a little pussy.

don't second guess me. You'll just get embarrased. When you learn to read, you'll notice that I didn't say that YOU said he was the next Petrucci. Secondly, the only reason I go into these sorts of threads is to comment on other people's stupidity, plus these threads gather lots of controversy, which I love.

And yes, the man does deserve credit. He can be good live, but he's nowhere near guitar godliness. He gets enough credit, albeit it's distributed quite unevenly amongst the population.
Quote by tasty licks
@liberation...

so you can't play guitar for shit but you nailed the solo on the first try, you must have had the sheet music and about a decade of practice under your belt to do that perfectly. if you consider that playing like shit, I salute you.

lmao.

Go play a Charlie Parker or Pat Martino song and see how much your standards are raised.
Quote by tasty licks

Quote by unholy_love
About that dude, AlreadyGone. I clicked on the Synyster sucks ass thing. I saw it.. how does that make him suck? Because he puts his thumb on the top strings. Seriously. Well, i guess kurt cobain sucks for his horrible techniques. and Jimi Hendrix for his techniques.

*z0mg dey iz n0t liken sYnn Gaytez! i mus 1Eap 2 his Dfenz yo'z!*

edit: to come back to it, the pic in my sig proves his technique isn't the greatest, which kinda ruins the idea of him being this guitar god like many people think. I don't think he's bad, hell, hes much better than me, but he's wayyy overrated.
Last edited by alreadygone at Feb 21, 2007,
I don't understand why people hate these guys.I don't listen to them but I might start.They obviously have talent.The drummer is a little too reliant on the double kick but they don't seem to be that bad to me.At least it's not another Fall Out Boy.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
His dad's not even that good, he's better than his son, but he ****ed up the Sweet Child of Mine riff, and his solo was just chromatics and pentatonics.
Dickless.
Quote by kornflipsk8er
I don't understand why people hate these guys.I don't listen to them but I might start.They obviously have talent.The drummer is a little too reliant on the double kick but they don't seem to be that bad to me.At least it's not another Fall Out Boy.

exactly. thats all I'm saying.
Quote by unholy_love

Kurt Cobain did suck at guitar and no Synester Gates sucks ass because he's a pro-tools guitarist

edit: Oh and about that Synester Gates sucks ass thing, he sucks because you don't use your thumb while sweep picking, hell i don't even play guitar and i know that
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by MetalMilitia212
and his solo was just chromatics and pentatonics.

See? People judge guitarists if they are good or not. People dont care about the sound.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
1. your point?
2. do we care?

1. his point - synyster is awsum
2. do we care? fck yeah
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by unholy_love
See? People judge guitarists if they are good or not. People dont care about the sound.

Sound effect overall effect. If it sounds muddy, and sloppy then we dont give a crap
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Page 1 of 3