Alright Fellas, its about time I update my amp and I have a few bucks saved for a guitar also... Right now im looking for some Death Metal worthy equipment.

GUITAR
Ive tried some death metal with my Santana PRS, Ibanez RG 4EX 1, and my Ibanez RG2550EGK Prestige with all Active pickups. The ibanez w/ actives sounded nice out of all, but I dont really want to take it around gigging because I use it for all my other projects. Does anyone have any suggestions on a guitar that does well with Death metal? It can be 7 string to, I have about 900$ for a guitar.

AMP
I currently have a b-52 half stack, it has awful distortion and I have to use a digitech Death Metal Pedal. I want something thats going to sound good as hell , ive heard Mesa dual rects or Peavey 5150 work best. Im kinda looking for an all tube amp too. Budget doesn't matter right now, I dont want something thats going to be super duper ear bleeding loud too, since when I gig I will most likely have my amp on a mic.
Jackson DK-2, DK-1, SL-1 = guitars. For a 7 string get either a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser or a Jeff Loomis signature Hellraiser (with an Original Floyd Rose.)

ENGL Powerball = AMP.

Powerball = ****kin metal. Period.
Quote by erotic_snails
you could try the dean razorbacks. im not sure about an amp though

I respect Dime Bag a shitload, but these things are way to expensive for what you get. Ive tried a few and they were awful for a 1,000$ guitar. Anything else people?
Try the Ex 400 models and Ec 400 and up series by LTD?ESP. Very nice for eavy stuff

Amp:take a look at a genz benz el diablo 60 watter( i think). If not the peavey 6505 is worth a shot. I could help more if i had a "wattage" limit.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
amp=powerball, like geno said.

guitars care more versatile, the jacksons will work, or a washburn idol with some EMG's, if you want a smaller neck, then a X50proFE. comes with EMG's
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Ok that opens up somethings

Like brad said the Powerball is a beast. Also the Framus Cobra is worth a look that thing is a beast as well. The El Diablo is a bit cheaper than the other two but IMO not as good(lol i fell in love with the cobra)
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Look into Mesa Rectifier amps and Randall Warhead's and centuries, amp wise. Guitar wise, look into Dean, Jackson, ESP, and Shecter guitars.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Yeaah I agree with the Powerball, Framus Cobra, and also check out the bogner uberschall, which with its settings on min, is like a mesa dual rectifier maxed out. Its fu**ing chaotic man, ahahah.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Word of advice. If your serious about your death metal, save for a custom 7 string. You cant find good 7 strings that are assembly line, and playing death metal on 6 strings kinda sucks in my opinion anyway.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Go play some amps and let your ears decide which one you like. Its the only way to be sure
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Quote by deadmansdiary
Word of advice. If your serious about your death metal, save for a custom 7 string. You cant find good 7 strings that are assembly line, and playing death metal on 6 strings kinda sucks in my opinion anyway.

Wrong, the Schecter 7 strings ****ing kick ass. So does the Jackson Wobler(??) 7 string.

And if playing death metal on a 6 string sucks then the good majority of metal bands bear a strong resemblance to a dyson or something.. that's pretty ridiculous to say 'lol playing deff metal on teh 6 string is teh gheyz0r!@!1'

If I were the threadstarter I'd go with a jackson dinky with upgraded electronics. Versatile, light weight, easy fret access, a reasonably fast neck and you can get them with maple or rosewood fretboards, trem or no trem, and several pickup configurations. They're a reasonable price ($300 for a used dinky pro.)
Quote by georgeazguitar
Im prob going to have to go with a mesa, warheads have to much wattage.

For "d34th m3t41" wattage is the last thing you should be worried about, IMO. I would be more worried about too LITTLE wattage.
Quote by deadmansdiary

7 strings are for nu metal faggots who can't be arsed tuning down and using a higher guage

thats like saying only metal bassists should use 6 string basses...
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^They Suck....Tried one.... regretted doing so.....

Why not wait for the Ibanez 8 string........ just hope it's better than the UV7 (playability issues IMO)

As for amp, the Cobra and the Powerball are supposed to be two sides of a coin right ??

Bright Ultra High Gain........ Powerball

Dark Ultra High Gain......... Cobra

I don't know why I'm doing this....... but........ TRY A CAA OD100 head !!!!!!! There's just something about the clips that makes me want to listen to it everytime !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by IndieMetalhead
7 strings are for nu metal faggots who can't be arsed tuning down and using a higher guage

thats like saying only metal bassists should use 6 string basses...

So.... Steve Vai is a nu-metal fag then... Hm...

I think 7-strings would be pretty good if you're gonna be playing death metal...
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account