Ok so my guitar is a copy strat.
But I'm trying to play the money solo (the really high bits) and I can't play on the 19th to 22nd frets without crushing my hand against the body of the guitar, let alone pull off properly.
So has anyone got any tips on where to position my hand (pics pls :P)

thanks
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
(pics pls :P)
Exactly. What about you post a picture of your hand on the guitar, maybe the higher frets are just too hard to reach with the shape of the body?? or maybe your hand isn't properly placed... I don't know! Post a picture, it might help
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Ill bet you have a bolt on neck. Just keep trying it until it gets a little comfortable. then as your budget gets better for your neck guitar, look at a neck through type. i have one of each (bolt one, set neck, and neck through) and the neck through allows me to access the 24th fret with very little effort, let alone the 22nd.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all strats bolt on necks? And MIA strats are 22 frets, just like the one that is used to play the original solo. (which I'm pretty sure doesn't go any further than full tone bends from the 22nd fret).

To the threadstarter, which strat copy do you have?
Quote by Free
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all strats bolt on necks?

I did not know that. Checked on Musicians Friend and your right.

Thank you, sir, for teaching me something today.

feel free to sig that if your into that self appraising sig stuff.
Nah mate, wasn't being an arse. Just trying to help the threadstarter feel better about themselves before they wrapped their 'baby' around the amp.
It's a pretty cheap strat copy which is unbranded but I've tried it on a Squier as well and it's not much different.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
You spelt it wrong anyway
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
oh... goes to show how much i care about *sqiuers.

oh damn spelled it wonrg again... squier***

and its not spelt its spelled.
one thing you could do is take your hand out from behind the neck and just fret it infront if you get what im saying.
how long have youve been playing? you get used to the small frets sooner or later
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by toddpens8771
oh... goes to show how much i care about *sqiuers.

oh damn spelled it wonrg again... squier***

and its not spelt its spelled.

Way to jump on the bandwagon of Squier hating!

And it's it APOSTROPHE s when you are shortening 'it is'.
You spelt wrong as wonrg. You forgot to capitalize the start of a new sentence.

I estimate your age at... 4.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
4.. that's a pretty close estimate. You can insult my inteligence all you want, but don't ever accuse me of jumping on the squier hating bandwagon. Ever. And until you can afford a decent guitar, dont make any rude comments to anyone when theyre trying to help you with your problem. Get a job. and if you have one, how much do you make? cuz i guarantee i make less, but i can be smart enough to save up for a good guitar.
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Feb 23, 2007,
girls girls, cant we all just get along? the squiers that use alder are great for modding... the ones that dont...lets not go there
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158