Yo, I got a Epi Les Paul 100. I want to take off the Rhythm/Treble plate for the 3 way toggle switch. So, how do I take this out?? I tried unscrewing that thing that holds it down etc. Do I have to open up the back or something. Also thinking of taking out my mounting rings for my pickups for "style" also. Is this ok...and will this affect my pickups or guitar if I do this? Thanks,
What? You're trying to take off that little plate that says "Treble Rhythm?"

Why? It shouldn't affect the sound, but then it will scratch your finish pretty bad.
I think the mounting rings are there to keep the pickups in.

And i think you might have to remove the toggle switch itself to take the little thingy off.
You should just be able to pull the rhythym/toggle plate off, try and grab a corner, or wedge something (not sharp) underneath and pull it. If there's any glue left, you can use t-cut or some other kind of scratch remover to get that off.

As for the mounting rings, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, you'd just have to replace the mounting screws that hold the pickup to the ring with wodd screws, and put the spring the other side, i do however thing that this will look crap....

Lewis
Quote by Lcollins1
You should just be able to pull the rhythym/toggle plate off, try and grab a corner, or wedge something (not sharp) underneath and pull it. If there's any glue left, you can use t-cut or some other kind of scratch remover to get that off.

As for the mounting rings, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, you'd just have to replace the mounting screws that hold the pickup to the ring with wodd screws, and put the spring the other side, i do however thing that this will look crap....

Lewis

alright thanks.
I think...

That the mounting rings hold the pickups to the guitar, and that removing them wouldn't work without some considerable MacGyvering on the TS's part...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~