The original spaker seems more like a joke, but it sounds reall nice through a cab. I wouldn't say the distortion is there for thrash metal. That would be asking a bit much of it, but listen t the soundclips on the sight and watch the video. I think any cab with the right impedance would work.
It's a great amp for bedroom practice if you've already got a cabinet lying around. The built-in speaker is a joke, Zach Vex'll tell you that himself. The amp is really voiced more for classic rock than thrash. The overdrive is pretty heavy when dimed, but not metal heavy. Thing takes pedals great, though. It loves to be pushed harder.

The ZVex folks say it responds to a 16 ohm cab best, but I play mine thru my 8 ohm Mesa, and I have no complaints. It'll plug into anything and sound good, so you should look for a cab that'll handle your Recto of the future, or any other gigging amp head you may have in mind for down the road.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^Hey, can you post a video? There aren't many good videos of it on you tube. Would it give me good distortions with effect pedals? i have a fender with seymour duncan humbuckers and can get thrash sounds from a realy bad and cheap ss amp with much distortion, but i really want quality sound and i think that that amp is the best tube amp for a bedroom.
go to zvex.com there are vids there.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by superbadboy2
Would it give me good distortions with effect pedals?

I've got no videos going up any time soon, but I can tell you that the amp takes pedals great. I get into very serious high gain territory with the Fuzz Factory in front of the Nano. A lot of fun at tolerable volumes.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Because i have a cheap multieffects pedal (zoom gfx1) and i created a powerfull distortion to play thrash metal thru my cheap amplifier. I thnk that the nano amp is expensive like other zvex products.

SLATSMANIA: Is the nano better than your epiphone valve jr head?
The nano head is definetly better than the Epiphone Valve Jr. (IMO..)

It's my favourite of my low-wattage amps, the only thing I find "wrong" with it is the volume becuase it's too perfect for at home use. You know that feeling, you've been playing for hours and hours and you can turn up your amp and blow your eardrums out. (It won't blow out your eardrums unfortunately)

The videos on the website sound good (that's what sold me) however in person it sounds even better. It was sort of a win win situtation for me.

Between the two, the nano head has much better natural overdrive/distortion and

But if you want thrash metal, either way you'll need extra pedals. And if you get the EVJ, you might want to consider an attenuator cause you sure as hell won't be able to push that thing without angry neighbours. But considering the $300+ price difference, you should be able to afford yourself a good pedal and an attenuator.
Quote by superbadboy2
Because i have a cheap multieffects pedal (zoom gfx1) and i created a powerfull distortion to play thrash metal thru my cheap amplifier.

dude don't let that thing touch the zvex just step away and get a decent single FX pedal not a very digitle saturated just a distortion that you can drive the Zvex with and also it tis quite expensive for such a small amp, but your paying 4 quality
they do have decent dist. at low volume its just not as good as it is cranked and there is a switch that brings it down to 2.5 watts
Quote by superbadboy2
I thnk that the nano amp is expensive like other zvex products.

SLATSMANIA: Is the nano better than your epiphone valve jr head?

Yes, in pretty much every way. For such a tiny thing, it has a lot of features. It has a bright switch for low volume cleans. Another tone switch labeled sunny, cloudy, and stormy, and a third for heavy bottom, thin, or fat. At full volume, it's louder than I play my stereo, but I'm definitely not bothering the neighbors.

But it's expensive. As has been mentioned here, it's close to the price of a Tiny Terror, although I've seen them on eBay in the low-mid $300's (that's where I got mine).

And mrperson is right, whether you go for the Nano or the TT, keep that cheapie effects device away from it! It's silly to buy a higher end tone machine just to muck it up with something like that.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.