since i'm an idiot, I don't know how to put this pot in my strat pickguard.
It's a gibson long shaft pot.

now, i'm absolutely lost on how to mount this thing. i'm like 'wtf mates' because i'm just mindboggled.

any kind of help is awesome. Thanks in advance. This is going in a STRATOCASTER pickguard, remember that.

edit: changed title hahaha
Last edited by Guerrilla Radio at Feb 21, 2007,
take the nut off, put the pot in the hole, and screw the nut down. you can use this to adjust the height, too.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Alright, thank you. I've been sitting here thinking 'what the **** am I doing wrong?'
Last edited by Guerrilla Radio at Feb 21, 2007,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA At first i thought you were wanting to smuggle weed in your guitar from reading the thread title.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
... k one more problem. is there a way to make it so the pot isn't sticking out from the pickguard so high? if i adjust the height with the nut then the pot will wiggle around.
um... the pot slides through the hole, and the washers don't stop the pot from moving if i lower the height of the actual knobs on the pot.
Place a bunch of washers around the shaft, then stick it through the hole. Tighten the nut now.
alright... thanks. sorry for my guitar noobish-ness. i'm new at any gear building/customizing/whatever.
buncha washers will work.

might be just as easy to get a second nut that's the same size.

put one on the shaft part-way down.

then put the shaft through the hole, and put the other nut on the outside.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.