I'm pretty much a total beginner, and I'm having trouble with the first pull-off on the seventh line here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/aerosmith/dream_on_tab.htm

Without doing awkward reaching by playing it with 3p2-1 fingering, I have to do a pulloff with 4p3 fingering, which is totally eluding me. Do I just have to work my finger strength, or am I supposed to reach? Thanks for the help.
which bar are you talking about?
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
Yeah you just have to practise using your pinky.. I have been playing electric for a year and a half and I can only use my pinky for slower songs.. I can't do any fast pulloffs or hammer ons with my pinky yet
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett

|-------------------------|
|-----------------5-6/8-|
|-6p5-3-5h6-----------|

The 6p5 is the part I'm having trouble with. I can actually do hammer-ons and pull-offs with the pinky and my index or middle finger, but my weakest fingers together just don't cut it. I guess it's back to the finger pushups.
you're gonna need to use your pinky as you progress, so might as well practice using it now to build up some strength in it.
it takes time and patience, but you will be rewarded one day.
good luck.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
You don't have to use your pinky. You're supposed to slide from the 5th fret to the 3rd anyway. That tab is a little off.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.