The fender '59 Bassman and '65 deluxe reverb amp pedals.

They look pretty snazzy they have the same controls as the old amps had and should sound simalar to the amps (obviously not the same as your amp has its own part to play) anyway these look kick ass i may buy one (bassman, SRV fan )

Anyway DISCUSS.
Man, I just want to try their new Fuzz pedal...Although amp pedals are interesting...Do they have sound samples up now?

BTW your S470, it's not a S470DXQM is it?...
im not a fan of COSM modelling, but apparently they have done a lot of development on the COSM engine so they may be all right, ill be shure to try them out. I really dont get why they had to make a COSM fuzz pedal though, that seems really lame and unnecessary.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 21, 2007,
I didn't know they had a fuzz pedal coming out, just thought they had the fenders but I still want to try them I would love to get a more SRV style tone with that bassman pedal!

Also My S470 is just a plain black one, they ran out of stock on DXQM's
Depending on the price, i might consider the fuzz. The amp pedals might sound close but they won't be exactly like the amps.
Dude, I was so pumped up when I learned of that. Then I found out that my Valvetronix replicates both of them. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying them for me.
Ben
I don't really dig Boss stuff, but I'll bet the pedals sound better than your amp does? Mainly because Fender where, I believe, in it from the start with Boss.
Oh yeah, they definetly would sound better. But I am happy with what I got. They're supposed to be $150, almost as much as I paid for my amp :P
Ben
Why not just make a proper fuzz? They are simpler and cheaper to make and sound a hell of a lot better.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Well we don't know if they sound better yet because they haven't been released yet. That said, they probably will sound better but maybe we'll get lucky.
It's like the SS versus tube amp debate. Proper analog fuzz pedals will always sound better than one thats modelled to sound like it. They are also a LOT simpler to make and are also cheaper. I've heard the newboss fuzz pedal in their promo videos and it sounds terrible.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
I heard a guy playing them at NAMM... they sound like very nice distortion pedals and whatnot, but I don't know how much I can say about it being true to the sound.
haha
Quote by muffinman123192
Oh yeah, they definetly would sound better. But I am happy with what I got. They're supposed to be $150, almost as much as I paid for my amp :P

LOL, fair point mate

aliwilson27, do you have a link to the promotion videos you mentioned. I was kinda looking forward to hearing the new Boss Fuzz pedal. For some reason I was led to believe they were going to sound great.

I've read about and heard the difference between germanium(sp?) and silicon transistors but I know very little about the COSM technology that Boss are talking about.

Is this just another excuse for digital mimicary?
Holy old news Batman!

I think both of the amp modeling pedals will be so-so.

I also think that the other pedals BOSS introduced (Dyna drive, Metal Core ) will also suck.
I don't think the amp pedals will be good. No pedal can emulate a Bassman ... NONE!

As far as the fuzz? They've gone too much into modeling. Seems pointless to me.
Sent from my iPad.
Cheers Ali, thanks.

I've been hankering after a fuzz pedal for ages but I just can't seem to find the one I like. Its difficult here because the fuzz pedals that everyone raves about are near impossible to find to actually try.

I've tried the Bigg Muff and the Dunlop and various other so caled 'well known' fuzz pedals but I'm no closer to whats in my head, if you know what I mean.

Closest I've been is a friend has an Analog Man of some kind. It was the germanium(sp?) variety but not their flagship model (his words). Sounded nice but the price to ship to the UK but it beyond my limit.
Take a look at the zvex fuzz factory. If you can afford the hand painted one, there is the vexter series which is exactly the same except not hand-painted and therefore is £40 cheaper. Google hotrox and you'll find the best UK price. That's the cheapest I found mine anyway. If you don't find that cheap enough, there are a few pedal builders that use these forums, just PM them, and they can make you a fuzz for like $60 or £30-£35.
Nice one Ali, thanks again.

If there's anyone in particular that you'd recommend drop me a PM.
There's no way they could recreate the sound of the bassman circuit. It may very well sound good, but it won't sound like a bassman.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667
There's no way they could recreate the sound of the bassman circuit. It may very well sound good, but it won't sound like a bassman.

youd be suprised what they can do, If someone can write a computer program that can replicate a Moog Modular synth, they can write one that emulates a Bassman, it might not be 100% accurate, ill bet you they do get relatively close.

Last.fm
I'd have to hear it, but I find it hard to believe it'd have the response of a Bassman. Maybe I'm just too big of a skeptic. *shrugs*
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667
I'd have to hear it, but I find it hard to believe it'd have the response of a Bassman. Maybe I'm just too big of a skeptic. *shrugs*

yeah it might not, but im sure if they did thier research it will have a very very simmilar tone.

Last.fm
Listening to the clips, it sounds good. Not ear-gasmic, but good. I'd have to A/B it with the actual amp to be thoroughly convinced though.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
The fuzz, distortion, and metal-up-the-ass or whatever it is sounded horrible.

The other two were all right, but I won't run out and buy them as soon as they come out.
Thanks for those links. The amp pedals sounded pretyy good. Not $150 good, but still nice. The fuzz.... meh. I'll have to try it out in person.
i really like the sound of the deluxe reverb pedal...
i hope its not to expensive when it gets out...

btw..whens that gonna be?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Hendriko: They're already out, £109/$150

I won't buy one like really soon but I know that I'll have a lil' boost for saving for one cos Rory Gallagher has used both a Bassman and a Deluxe reverb in his time so my dad'll be fine with helping me on my way letting me get there, anythign that makes me sound more Gallagher, he likes