Page 1 of 2
ok, so my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she told me like a month ago that she wanted to learn to play bcuz her sexy boyfriend does (lol aka me ) and so i was thinkin , i have this old acoustic that i learned to play on...my first guitar.....and i was gonna give that to her and then teach her to play..but my only problem is that its all scratched up and so im repainting it and im gonna fix the bridge on it (if i can, cuz the action is WAY to high and difficult to play on so yeah...
im gonna post pictures as soon as i can... so yeah, i just wanted some advice as i go (not yet, but later i mean...) so yeah, i'l post pics either tonight or tomarrow or somthing....but this is what i started with....

its a bit fuzzy..but its a start..sorry about the huge pic...

EDIT:
things to do:
Peel off the gayosity stickers (DONE)
Sand (done)
Prime (started)
Paint/ Stain
Sand Frets (started
SEXY INLAYS (check out my ideas in the other thread)

EDIT:

this is the guitar with primer and the inlays i was tlaking about..

so yeah, dont worry this is NOT done at all, not nearly lol
UG's HIPPIE
Last edited by ~G{}{}BER~ at Feb 22, 2007,
that's pretty kick ass! very nice gift
~Washburn Acoustic
~Stratocaster
~Epiphone Les Paul Standard W/Flamemaple top
~Peavy Amp (soon to be Marshall )
~Boss ME-50
You B-dazzled your guitar? What a homo...

Yea, chicks like that stupid sentamental shit. Definately repaint it... and please dont b-dazzle it or any guitar ever again.
haha did you stick aload of tin foil on it or something? thats ghetto mate.
Originally posted by AvRiLRoxx0rs!
Avril definately has some metal influences. Her guitar playing has power chords..just like metal!

www.myspace.com/alexbdale
Buy her a dildo, because you obviously lost your male parts after B-Dazzling your guitar.

hahaha, jk. Can you scrape that shit off?
Peace Love and WHAT??

haha cool gift though. I'm kinda doing the same but instead I'm buying a guitar for my girlfriend so she can paint it. Maybe the I'll be able to convince her to learn to play her creation.
sounds like it will be a good gift. I think she will like you more for it.

Although it looks like you glued robot testicles onto it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
haha that was a long time ago that i put the tin stickers... i know, it looks gay, but hey, it coverd up some of the scracthes...and yeah, i took them off... and the thing says "Piece, Love, Empathy" its from Kurt Cobain's note...yeah.... so far i've started primeing it for paint...so i think im gonna paint the top black and either stain the sides or paint them blue (her favorite color) and i wasnt really gonna get MANY books for her cuz i think i can teach her, but im just gonna do what the guy that taught me to play did: teach and draw out diagrams and pictures as i go along, the only thing im gonna change from his lesson plans really is im gonna teach some theory on the side so she doesnt have to figure it out by her self (like i did)
yep, i think she'll like it
UG's HIPPIE
hey man... if you are going to stain it you can't prime it... what color do you want to paint it?

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
no, i mean im priming the top where the stickers are in the pic...but i want to maybe stain the sides... and i paint it it'll be blue cuz its her favorite color...
UG's HIPPIE
Make sure the neck's straight. You can't typically adjust the action at the bridge, but you can straighten the neck out. If there's too much buzz at the top frets, you can put some paper under the strings at the nut to raise the action there. If there's too much buzz at the lower frets...well...it's TOO straight.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
To be honest that primer looks terrible. what are you using? I'd sand that off and do it again.
Sorry to be harsh, but you'll be better of in the long run.
Yeah, the primer looks horribly patchy. You put it on with a stranded brush, didn't you?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
you could paint it a sort of dark brown, and add binding. then it would look like the Doyle Dykes signature taylor. Teach your girlfriend to play like him. If i had a girlfriend that played like that... wow... *drools*
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
^^^^^^^^
lol kk maybe i will do that....but if i want it brown, im going for stain on the sides so it will look like it did, but im deffinatly painting the top black and im keepin the cream binding (which im making darker) so yeah....
UG's HIPPIE
ok, so last night i got done sanding and priming so i put a layer of paint on it....and somehow, my dog got into the garage..and theres a dent on the body of the guitar *TEARS*
UG's HIPPIE

ok this is guitar is done...i was gonna make i better exept.....

MY GIRLFRIEND DUMPED ME A FEW HOURS AGO

UG's HIPPIE
ROFL!

ok, on a more serious note, it looked like crap before anyways... at least you did something cool with it!

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
haha, what a bitch

atleast she didnt get the guitar

phew
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Dang, I woulda had to have been dang sure before I started giving my girl one of my guitars.
well yeah it sucks............i thought she was gonna dump me like 2 weeks ago and then i talked to her best friend (who is going out with one of my best friends) ans her best friend said that she wasnt gonna dump me and that i had nothing to worry about.....so then lasy night my girlfriend dumped me and my friends g/f dumped him..... this sucks!
im still gonna give it to her though.......just cuz im nice like that
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
well yeah it sucks............i thought she was gonna dump me like 2 weeks ago and then i talked to her best friend (who is going out with one of my best friends) ans her best friend said that she wasnt gonna dump me and that i had nothing to worry about.....so then lasy night my girlfriend dumped me and my friends g/f dumped him..... this sucks!

dude... dont do it, give it to your friend, so you guys can jam and write songs about those dumb girls
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~

WTF? What is wrong with you!?!
MAN-UP! Don't give that bitch your first guitar, she ripped you appart, keep that thing!
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by batman123
dude... dont do it, give it to your friend, so you guys can jam and write songs about those dumb girls

+1

don't make all that work on your first guitar go to waste.
yeah give it to your friend or keep it for yourself if you love it
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
nah dont give it her...NO WAY !!! if you do i shall be forced to find you both, recover it from her clutches then staple it to your tesicles so you cannot give it back to her....

and more seriously.....nah dont give it her she dont deserve it
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
DO NOT GIVE IT TO HER! YOU WILL NOT GET HER BACK!

TRUST ME!

Good idea on staining the sides! Just er change the inlays to your next chick's name
but she told me earlier theres a chance of us gettin back together...and her birthday is in 2 days.... and i cant repaint the inlays..i drilled holes in it and filled them with paint so it wouldnt bump up and make it difficult to play....
yeah, im still giveing it to her.... and now it really wouldnt mean that much to me anymore....so theres not point in keeping it....and i really was gonna give it to my friend but he didnt want it since it had her name on it lol.....
UG's HIPPIE
Bring it to her on here birthday and say "I was going to give this to you... But you dumped me so im keeping this shit now". She will want it and/or get upset and cry. Then go out and have a nice beer
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Bring it to her on here birthday and say "I was going to give this to you... But you dumped me so im keeping this shit now". She will want it and/or get upset and cry. Then go out and have a nice beer

+1

I agree

you should bash it over her head

even if she dumped you you can bang her one last time
i already told you, im still gonna give it to her...

EDIT: but last night me and my friend (lets call him big al lol) after we got dumped...i wanted to do this so badly: go to her house..bring out my 120 watt amp..turn it up to ten and play "somebody kill me" by adam sandler off the wedding singer

but then i didnt lol
UG's HIPPIE
Yeah, but it probibly would have turned out like that scene Ashton Kutcher was in where he was playing to some chick and theres a dude in the back ground yelling "YOU SUCK!" WHAT WAS THAT MOVIE!?!?
Page 1 of 2