I've been trying to find a new guitar as a secondary/backup to my LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion. I just recently bought a Jackson DK2M, which I tried out in the store, but made the mistake of not playing standing up. It feels find sitting down, but just totally out of whack and uncomfortable standing up. I am thinking its because the neck is quite a bit thinner than my LTD. So, I think I am gonna bring it back to guitar center and get something else. Something with a thicker neck more similar to my LTD. I would like it to have some sort of (relaible) double locking bridge and perferably that it be in some shape with a cut out at the back like a warrior, or my Axxion so its more comfortable in the classical position and so I can rest it against my leg when standing. The price range is somewhere around 700 and I play mainly heavy metal, thrash, and prog metal.
Yeah I did. And it is one of the most comfortable guitars I have ever played. Not only that I like the tone. Very bassy and smooth. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks for contributing to the thread though buddy
Try looking into the Jeff hanneman model. I heard it has a pretty fat neck, but I just don't care for the inlays.

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
maybe if he raised his strap hes probably plays it by his knees cause its not cool to have your strap at a normal height, i have a jackson dk2m and little girl hands an can play it standing up just fine, wimp
sorry for my previous post i was just like upset at something else, i dont see how neck thickness changes from sitting or standing though? maybe its just me
Quote by HxCori<3
maybe if he raised his strap hes probably plays it by his knees cause its not cool to have your strap at a normal height, i have a jackson dk2m and little girl hands an can play it standing up just fine, wimp

First of all, I play my guitar fairly high, and the problem is that the neck is too small. not that it is to big for me. It is probably perfect for your little girl hands. I happen to have large hands and long fingers. Hence the problem.

I think I may gieve the EX or the FX a try. I can't belive I am actually saying this, but does anyone know when the new BC Rich's will be in stores? Some of em actally look pretty nice (especially the warbeast. At least the specs are good. Of course i have no idea of the necks on those.
Quote by pierce34celtic
The Jeff Hanneman model has the ESP Thin U neck, which is very thin, it feels flatter than my schecter, very comfortable.

The Thin U is nothing compared to a Wizard, or even a Wizard II.