I was wonder, i have played for a couple months and i cant find the ability to solo at a pace that sounds good. I was wondering how long it took for you i have taken lessons every week and i can do scales, Chords, and a lot of riffs from songs but i have a few solos printed out (stairway, Back in black etc) and i got them from easy solos for beginners and i would like to how long it took for you

Its really driving me insaneand are there certain skills

Thanks,
James_Water2
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Pfft, no theory for me, I practised impovising for like a year(i have been playing for 2 years now) and now i am good at it. It all depends on what music you like. I prefer metal so i mostly do tremelo picking up and down the neck, gigantic bends, pull offs up and down the neck, and sweep picking. Those are the skills i practice. And to get ideas and such listen to some of your favorite solos, and steal a lick or two and try to make it better.
Well, I've been playing bass for about a year now, and I have to say: I find soloing quite natural.

I never really tried until I just went off on one, one night.
I start off with a couple of notes from a scale, or something similar, and just run off on it. Usually, I play that, progress a few frets up, play another similar to a scale run, come back down, and finish with a bend.

That's just me.
well just cuz u know theory and are taking lessons doesn't mean ur instantly going to be able to solo, soloing takes a lot of practicing, applying theory ( if you have knowledge of any), licks from ur fav guitarsits or solos and putting ur own spin to it, making ur own style, it takes a lot of practice unless ur just naturally talented, but even then it takes practice, it took me a good five to six months i think, idk
well, i never took lessons and ive been playing for six months, but really, for soloing, it doesnt matter how fast you play or stuff, just if you think it sounds good.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now