Are modelling amps just amps with inbuilt effects?
Also what are some reasonably cheap modelling amps? (I was looking at Vox DA5)

Thanks
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
The vox DA5 isn't loud AT ALL. It's 5 watts. Great for bedroom use, but not much past that. It's pretty much the vox answer to the micro-cube.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Yeah... effects built in. Also, amp styles built in. e.g. Vintage style amps, tweed, high gain, etc. Behringer isn't that great, but they make cheap mod amps.
Modelling amps are amps that are 'modelled' (made to try and sound like) on other amps or effects that are modelled on original effects. So, for example, the tweed channel on the DA5 is modelled on the Fender Bassman.
The Stuff!
The amp in my signature, the AD50VT is one of the best modeling amps for the money you can get. It's around 350 US, is plenty loud and has a very good sound on all of the amp models. Here are what the modeled amps are:

Soldano Clean Channel 100 Watt Head
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Bassman
Vox AC15
Vox AC30
Marshall JTM45*
Marshall JCM 2000*
Marshall DSL (Gain Channel)
Krank Head? (Not Sure About This One, LOTS of gain, and 'fizzy' top)
Mesa Boogie Head
Soldano !00 Watt Overdrive Channel

*I'm not 100% sure these are the amps it's modeling, but I'm pretty confident. Most of the amps here are educated guesses, but I'm really not sure about the Krank or Mesa head. All of the amps sound very, but will not stand up to direct comparison to the original models, but for the price, it can't be beat. It also has 11 very good effects built in, and has a wattage adjustor on the back so you can get that tube full driven sound at acceptable volumes. Perfect for live or practice use.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!