I have recently gotten a b-52 at100, dont get me wrong I love it and I love the sound I get out of it. Im just looking on building onto that. Like a rack setup or something. Something to give you that crap your pants sort of sweet sound. I just need some help, because I havn't really looked into that sort of thing, but I heard it can make a difference. Some help would be appreciated. thanks
I would also like to know. I thinking about getting the same model, except the half stack of it.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Well saying that you want a 'rack setup' is pretty vague.

Racks can go anywhere from $300 for a basic setup to spending upwards of $1,000 or $1,200 for a single piece of equipment (and that's even the price for it used!)

If you want to build on to your tone you really need to describe what direction you're interested in going.. what effects you want, how you want to shape the tone, etc.

Some basic things which people use in their rack are:

Power conditioners
Equalizers (Or BBE Maximizer)
Effects units
Harmonizers

What more do you want from your rig?
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Feb 21, 2007,
I would like equalizing, reverbs, acoustic sounds, that kinda stuf. OH YES NOISE SUPPRESSOR
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Well, for one. I would need to know what those things do. Like I said before I dont know hardly anything about these, and I would like to learn so I could build up my sound. I think the equalizer is pretty obvious but what about the power conditioner and harmonizer.
Quote by OHGODIMONFIRE
Well, for one. I would need to know what those things do. Like I said before I dont know hardly anything about these, and I would like to learn so I could build up my sound. I think the equalizer is pretty obvious but what about the power conditioner and harmonizer.

A power conditioner basically regulates and filters power so you don't get any excess noise in your signal from your power supply (more important for playing with unreliable power sources like in some bars or clubs, but overall tone is improved)

A harmonizer simply takes your signal, finds the note and produces another note in a 2nd 3rd, 4th 5th etc of the note you played.

The thing is, we could describe all the effects in the world but if you don't know what YOU want then we can't help you.

If you said

"Genocide, I want a good rack reverb/modulation unit for $300" I could give you advice.

But we can't tell you what a good 'crap your pants' tone is. Only YOU would be able to tell us what that tone is.

Its like going to a restaurant and asking the hostess what to eat- they might know the menu and know of a few decent meals but they don't know what you're hungry for.