Poll: Who was the better Ozzy guitarist.
Poll Options
View poll results: Who was the better Ozzy guitarist.
Randy Rhodes
54 81%
Zakk Wylde
13 19%
Voters: 67.
Who was the better Ozzy guitarist? IM WITH RANDY ALL THE WAY!! Zakk is a incredible guitarist but hey you can beat Randy.
Quote by andy_thomas
That depends, when you look at a map is west left or right?

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.
wow.. rhoads for sure
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
yea sry im not the best speller. i think im a bit dyslekisic (sp?).
Quote by andy_thomas

I like zack wylde, like BLS, and I think he's an incredible guitarist, but how can you beat Rand Rhoads? It's like comparing Jack in the Box to the Outback Steakhouse... they're both good, but one just blows the other away.
Quote by bradshults
It's like comparing Jack in the Box to the Outback Steakhouse... they're both good, but one just blows the other away.

Dude that is the coolest comparison ever.
Quote by andy_thomas

i went with Zakk because whenever Randy did a pinch harmonic it sounded like total asshole.

Otherwise they both have same shredding skills, Randy has better tone and is more creative, but Zakk doesnt piss me off live.
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
Quote by robsta_65
i went with Zakk because whenever Randy did a pinch harmonic it sounded like total asshole.

Otherwise they both have same shredding skills, Randy has better tone and is more creative, but Zakk doesnt piss me off live.

thats only because zakk use alot more distortion then randy therefore making the harmonics sounds stronger.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
EDIT: ^Not to mention Randy wasn't using active EMGs.

I like Zakk and all, but Randy had that neoclassical shred thing going, and it fit Ozzy's style really well.

But Zakk does have his moments, No More Tears is brilliant, Randy just blows him out of the water.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Feb 21, 2007,
I don't even understand how you can compare. My friend thinks that Zakk Wylde is better than Rhoads. It makes me so mad to argue with him about it. He once said Zakk was better than Steve Vai
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
I don't even listen to Ozzy's music and I know who's the better guitarist.
Sent from my iPad.
randy, i can't even believe this is being asked. zakk wylde is an image, a moniker, yeah he's good, but no one really bothers looking past his biker clothes and bullseye lp. randy was the real deal, he did it for the guitar only.
I will fuc
You DO know Zakk wasn't always in his BLS style all the time, right?

It's only been about 4 years or so since he started the whole biker thing.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
To Scheter: I know that he may have used more gain and active pups (Zakk), but it was the way Randy vibratoed? the note or lack thereof that made me want to steal from old people.
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
Quote by robsta_65
To Scheter: I know that he may have used more gain and active pups (Zakk), but it was the way Randy vibratoed? the note or lack thereof that made me want to steal from old people.

yeah i understand what ur saying...but they also were to slightly diffirent types of styles. Zakk plays heavier shit adn randy play neoclassical shit, u know what i mean?

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Quote by robsta_65

i agree the live version of paranoid with randy rhoades in the solo just was horrible lol i love zakks pinch harmonics though
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Randy!

However, I believe both guitarists are true virtuosos.

You can tell, without a doubt, who they are after two or three notes.
What kind of question is this. A man with all his screws in tight knows that Randy Rhoads is a lot better. Zakk Wylde is a ****ing asshole who wishes he was like Randy and drinks so he can numb the pain of not being able to play like Randy or Dimebag(both R.I.P)...

but Zakk is a good guitarist but hes overrated
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Randy Rhoads>Jake E. Lee>Zakk Wylde

Wait a second..... Why wasn't Jake in the poll?

He definitely deserves it.
Quote by MrGuitar123

but Zakk is a good guitarist but hes overrated

yeah he really is. On another note, what is with his image? He isn't "rough and tough and living on the street" He probably live in a million dollar + house, and drives a porsche. Randy all the way.