Poll: What Color Should I Use?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Color Should I Use?
Dakota Red
3 12%
Olympic White
4 15%
Vintage White
9 35%
Sonic Blue
10 38%
Voters: 26.
Monterey is over. Turns out my uncle does not have his airbrushing stuff. I need something new, and the other day I tried a Part-o-caster w/ Allparts scalloped neck. I thought it was great, and that's where this project started. I'll be building a pre-CBS (Not sure yet, I like the normal headstock, but dig the big one too.) Sonic Blue, Olympic/ Vintage White, and Dakota Red are my possible colors. I'll be using some DiMarzios, maybe a setup ala YJM.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
if you really like yngwie then do it gold!

otherwise go white with black hardware... yum

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Do you mean that yellow color? Because the HLE and a one of a kind Clapton strat are the "Gold" ones. (On a side note, Eric Clapton's strat is covered in real gold leaf. The HLE is just gold paint.) I've never been a fan of black hardware. Too wierd. I would choose chrome, then gold, and lastly black.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
he means yellow, but gold leaf sounds sweet, but would kill tone.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It kills tone, huh? I don't really know how the body paint would affect sound. If what you say about the gold leaf is true, the thing is Clapton used it in the studio. Here's a picture (3rd strat).
http://www.stratcollector.com/newsdesk/archives/000180.html
He called it EC-1, or something. As for paint, I am drawn to sonic blue, but I could easily go with vintage white.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
Last edited by BalsawoodBass at Feb 21, 2007,
Vintage White FTW.

On another note ...

With this kit you can achieve the look of real gold at an affordable price. There is enough leaf included to cover the surface of a lamp, frame, figurine, or any number of other projects.

This $11.99 kit contains the following materials:
# 25 Sheets Composition Gold Leaf (5½" × 5½")
# 1, 2 oz Jar of Adhesive
# 1, 2 oz Jar of Sealer

Nothing screams Attention \/\/hore more than bling! Do it!
well get some sampls of wood and put some paint of each color and hold it up the the guitar and see what you like best and go for it, dont go by what other ppl say!
UG's HIPPIE
I'm just going to wait until the poll ends, and then get the paint from ReRanch or something.

EDIT: I may even just order a prepainted body. On a side note, my strat copy is a white that is just begining to age. When I took off the backplate for the last time (I don't have it on anymore), I noticed that the original color was Artic White.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
Last edited by BalsawoodBass at Feb 24, 2007,
I chose red because, well, red is just sexy.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Sonic Blue, white has been done too often, and I prefer blue above red
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

The color now has a VERY high chance of being Sonic Blue now that I am watching an EBAY auction. '57 RI body. I actually think Vintage White would look cooler, but...
1. I'm a lazy ass and dont want to go through the paint stripping process.
2. I have no soldering gun/iron.
3. I do not want to spend more money. Along with this, I am trying to finance my 5 day camp to Michigan in July.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero