i know alot of bands today that use them, including Dimebag Darrell(Rip brother)
if anybody has played one, just tell me how it sounds.
GEAR:
*peavey valveking head and cab
*Jackson king v
*Shure wireless system
*dunlop crybaby from hell
*digi-tech bad monkey(boost)

RIP DIME
go play one
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
were at? i dont live anywhere close to a store. the closest place is guitarcenter but they dont cary them.
GEAR:
*peavey valveking head and cab
*Jackson king v
*Shure wireless system
*dunlop crybaby from hell
*digi-tech bad monkey(boost)

RIP DIME
How am I supposed to know where to tell you to go, I don't know where you live. But if your thinking of buying an amp based on what people on UG say it sounds like, then you shouldn't be putting thousands down on something like this.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I quite dislike what I have heard from most Krank amps.

All of the reviews say they are so good, but when the test it, even with high-end gear, they just sound so bad!
They are decent amps, not quite worth what they ask for 'em IMHO. They are great for modern metal and not much else, tho the Rev. did have a pretty good clean channel.
Quote by panterafreak39
were at? i dont live anywhere close to a store. the closest place is guitarcenter but they dont cary them.

Actually where do you live...your username looks familiar?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I quite dislike what I have heard from most Krank amps.

All of the reviews say they are so good, but when the test it, even with high-end gear, they just sound so bad!

Yah.. same here..
the Krankenstien sounded like a muddy SS amp IMO..

but I have yet to play the Revolution...

I also heard the only way you can get great tone out of them is going into a studio, cranking them, and then compressing the signal a shitload....
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
The Revolution is worth every penny.
If you play straight up, high gain, high intensity metal, this is it. The cleans with some verb or chorus would sound great too.

The Krankenstein if worth about 500 bucks, give or take.

The Chadwick, from what I hear, is excellent for classic rock, and doesn't even come close to metal as far as gain goes.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Unskathed

The Chadwick, from what I hear, is excellent for classic rock, and doesn't even come close to metal as far as gain goes.

The Chadwick I played seemed to be voiced WAY to dark to pull of convincing classic rock, may have just been the circumstances tho. None-the-less, I probably wouldn't turn to a Krank for a workhorse classic rock amp.
Revolution head sounds nice if you are looking for high gain metal!
The cleans are ok, not great.

THe problem is that the Krank price is just too high for the sound. I think the Rev one head sounds really nice for about $1000 but for $1600 its not quite as good a deal.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2