Im looking at getting some red lightening graphics added to my black ibanez s series. I general does replacing a finish look less good quality than the original
thats gay.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
Depends how good quality you do it.

If you pay and get 'realistic' lightening airbrushed on by a professional it will look great.
If you try and do it yourself it will look bad - average. Unless you are a skilled painter it's hard to make a finish look very good. Especially not with something like a lightening design.
I say take it to an airbrush artist and pay for them to do it. Then you know it will look sweet.
Quote by psycadelicart
thats gay.

Reported.

Personally, I think stickers or decals would look great.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
umm i'd stencil it if you dont have the decals..unless you're a decent airbrusher, like thedev01done said....its proly gonna look pretty bad
UG's HIPPIE
na man im talking about professionally done and i heard that any respray is never as good because the wood doesnt take the paint as well or something. Could i get the graphics sprayed ontop of the original finish even tho its lacquer.
What I would do is to go a car detailer or an airbrusher and ask if they can paint or print it onto a vinyl decal. Just stick that sucker straight onto your guitar
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by kmf1
na man im talking about professionally done and i heard that any respray is never as good because the wood doesnt take the paint as well or something.

Hit whoever told you that with a stick, do they think that Ibanez put magic paint on your guitar which made no other paint usable on it?
Just sanding down all the original paint, to the wood will be able to let you paint on it again